Flight records question

Reaction score
Something is going on with the flight records, this morning I synced the CS flight records and the total feet flown 100,000 was deducted after syncing :confused: then I went for two flights flying in the 16,000 ft range but one was recorded as being 5000 ft and the other was correct , does anyone have any idea how I can sort this out ?

I synced the CS flight records
This is not a "True" flight record, your title is a bit misleading. This would be an app or a Crystal Sky issue, not a flight records issue. That may be a better way to phrase the post for assistance. Can't help with that one I'm afraid. But surely someone can.

This is not a "True" flight record, your title is a bit misleading. This would be an app or a Crystal Sky issue, not a flight records issue. That may be a better way to phrase the post for assistance. Can't help with that one I'm afraid. But surely someone can.
Well its in the App and its called "Flight Record" I think more people would recognize it for that name then any other

Reactions: SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro
Well its in the App and its called "Flight Record" I think more people would recognize it for that name then any other
Very Possible, no argument there. I suppose you could say, simple records vs data. But that really doesn't fit either. The apps and such are "cumulative" simple distance vs time. They really don't provide much more than that in the grand scheme of things. Many will never need to use the actual data until an incident occurs. And if all you wish to keep up with are those few parameters, then all is well and good. I was just pointing out the difference, that's all.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Very Possible, no argument there. I suppose you could say, simple records vs data. But that really doesn't fit either. The apps and such are "cumulative" simple distance vs time. They really don't provide much more than that in the grand scheme of things. Many will never need to use the actual data until an incident occurs. And if all you wish to keep up with are those few parameters, then all is well and good. I was just pointing out the difference, that's all.
I understand what your saying the VERY detailed flight records are in the phone/tablet I just like to review exactly where I've flown on the map in the App flight records and noticed the difference so I thought I'd ask , but I just came back from draining three more flights and the answer is very simple if the craft enters RTH nothing after that point is included in the Apps flight record
I did three flights in the 17,000 ft neighborhood and I had a Aircraft Disconnect and that flight measured 17,000ft instead of being around 35,000
But why when I synced this morning and 100,000 was deducted is still a mystery..

But why when I synced this morning and 100,000 was deducted is still a mystery..
Point Taken.....that is either an app or CS, issue. Hope you find the answer to that. ;)

Point Taken.....that is either an app or CS, issue. Hope you find the answer to that. ;)
OK I have this morning it happened again but backwards I flew out to 25,000 ft then had a disconnect the flight out is not recorded in my flight records in the CS only the RTH portion from 16,000 ft back to the home point
I have no record either in the App flight records or the mobile device flight records , whats going on ? Any ideas ..
Heres the RTH portion that I have

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

flight out is not recorded in my flight records in the CS only the RTH portion from 16,000 ft back to the home point
So you are saying that you have no data outbound for that flight? This record you posted is dated today: DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-17_[21-06-10]

There are no other files with the date as above? If not, then there is something odd either in the app's processing, or the manner that the CS stores these files. I suppose it is possible that after the signal loss, the app simply overwrote the existing outbound file when the signal was re-aquired at RTH. This is not the manner it should work, but if there are no other files, that's about the only thing I can think of that "might" explain it.

So you are saying that you have no data outbound for that flight? This record you posted is dated today: DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-17_[21-06-10]

There are no other files with the date as above? If not, then there is something odd either in the app's processing, or the manner that the CS stores these files. I suppose it is possible that after the signal loss, the app simply overwrote the existing outbound file when the signal was re-aquired at RTH. This is not the manner it should work, but if there are no other files, that's about the only thing I can think of that "might" explain it.
Thats exactly what I'm saying ,Its not there.
There is another flight with that date but it was a completed flight without the copter entering RTH , but when you throw RTH into the mix it seems to only record before or after NOT BOTH, which kinda sucks because if something bad happens and you need the record to locate your copter it dont exist
Here's the other one
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thats exactly what I'm saying ,Its not there.
If this is the case, then I would venture to guess ( and only guess ) that this is an issue with the manner the CS processes the files. I have not seen this on any other device with the same app IOS or Android. And you are correct. Not a good thing.

If this is the case, then I would venture to guess ( and only guess ) that this is an issue with the manner the CS processes the files. I have not seen this on any other device with the same app IOS or Android. And you are correct. Not a good thing.
Yeah its very easy to like the CS display and I can even live with the buggy/unresponsiveness but things HAVE TO BE RECORDED just in case things go sour, I should have listened and just stuck with IOS
I cant believe that flight wasn't recorded..:(:(:(

Question. In the flight you posted in #7 above. Was this a commanded RTH by you?

Once I hit 25,000 I looked up at the top of the screen and noticed the "Aircraft Disconnect" then I hit the RTH button just to make sure its on it way back
Hitting the button is useless after full disconnect. That's another issue. The reason I asked is because I was looking at the battery levels on both of these flights. Something didn't look quite right at first but maybe it's ok, still looking at it. Can it be assumed that these were with 2 different batteries? Also, pretty brave to fly in ATTI at over 40mph.

Hitting the button is useless after full disconnect. That's another issue. The reason I asked is because I was looking at the battery levels on both of these flights. Something didn't look quite right at first but maybe it's ok, still looking at it. Can it be assumed that these were with 2 different batteries? Also, pretty brave to fly in ATTI at over 40mph.
Yes two different batteries and the flights were within a few minutes of each other ,I knew the one flight was going to be good because outbound I reached a certain point and I was a few % higher then usual and the HD bars were strong for the whole flight ( except around 16,000ft they drop then come back) I also went up an extra 100ft to help with the signal
I figure I just speed up the return flight a little with the help of the wind...
I hit 73 mph in Atti mode a couple weeks ago , same location

Ok you made me look at the batteries all I notice is the Flight in #9 which was the completed flight record it looks overcharged or something 17 v vs the the other flight in #7 which is normal 15v, which I got better distance out of

Flight in #9 which was the completed flight record it looks overcharged or something 17 v
That is what I glanced at. That should not reach that level. 15.2v is nominal. The individual cells look a bit high as well. Might want to keep an eye on that battery. The charging level can be a little higher but the battery itself should not be 17v under no load.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
That is what I glanced at. That should not reach that level. 15.2v is nominal. The individual cells look a bit high as well. Might want to keep an eye on that battery. The charging level can be a little higher but the battery itself should not be 17v under no load.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, will do..

Never understood the flight record thing, what does it matter? My flights have been on six or so deferent devices that I no longer own plus many with my wife’s account. What am I missing? [emoji15]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga