Flight planner software

Reaction score
I’ve been using my Phantom 4 Pro for filming architecture, including up-close images (within 10 feet of a wall). The videos however are not smooth and dynamic.

Is there any flight planner software that will instruct a drone to change altitude during a flight plan, modify the altitude at a waypoint?

Is there any flight planner software that will instruct a drone to change altitude during a flight plan, modify the altitude at a waypoint?
Litchi will do that, however it won't change altitude at a waypoint, but it will between waypoints. Set those close together and you will get an altitude transition between the two.

Autopilot will do what you want. You can set waypoint actions so that when it reaches a particular waypoint it ascends or descends to a particular height (or does both).

Just be aware that Autopilot runs the mission on the iOS device unlike Litchi so if you loose connection it will just hover and not complete the mission therefore missions always need to be within signal range.

Also, Autopilot is iOS only.

Hope this helps

Chris

Just tried the change in altitude with my Spark this morning. I set AutoPilot to fly to waypoint 2 descend from 20m to 10m then ascend to 25m then back down to 20m before continuing on to the next waypoint. It worked perfectly. Haven't looked at my video yet but it should be much more cinematic like than I could ever do manually. Up until now I have flown 99% of the time with Litchi but I am starting to love AutoPilot. Litchi can do waypoints but not like Autopilot. AutoPilot has so much more options for waypoint actions. I also like the ability to just draw a waypoint path on my iPhone and have AutoPilot create a waypoint mission from it. So cool!

I downloaded Litchi for iOS and it does everything I want it to do. I tested the obstacle sensors during waypoint missions. If it senses an obstacle during a waypoint mission, it stops. I can live with out it, but the last thing I'd like it to do, is the ability to enter tripod mode during missions so it uses the left and right obstacle sensors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga