Flight Log Viewer Application, version 1.0.5 - Alpha Release

Reaction score
Hi fellow Pilots,

As promised, here's the first public release of my Flight Log program (please be gentle with the constructive criticisms!). ;)

Features:
- Import your Litchi flight logs
- View Google Map of flights
- View flight detail information
- View battery summary information (# of charges, current battery life, production date, etc.)
- Battery voltage information for the entire flight (over the entire battery and per cell)
- Browse flight log data

I still have to do a lot of things to make this into the program I really want but what I have works. Some features I'm looking into:
- Summary information of all flights (this one is probably coming sooner rather than later)
- Sensor information
- DJI Go app log imports

Download link (Windows only at this time): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19557928/Flight_Log_1.0.5.rar

To use: Simply unzip/unrar and run Flight_Log.exe - there is no need to install. Click on the + icon to import your first log and get a feel for how it works.

I'd love any feedback you can give me. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I tried. I click the + select a txt log file nothing loads then tried a litchiv2.csv but nothing loads either?
What am I doing wrong?

upload_2016-3-4_20-18-8.png

I tried. I click the + select a txt log file nothing loads then tried a litchiv2.csv but nothing loads either?
What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 46011

It definitely does not read the .TXT log files right now. I'm working on getting that part working as we speak. But it should work with the Litchi files. Would you mind sending me that Litchi file so I can try on my end and see what's going on? Thanks!

Ok I have not got any litchi logs yet so thats why its not working my end lol...send me a log file if you have one to try

Flack

So tried again the new version - this time it works.
But only got 2 log files to load. More and it crashes. I hardly use Litchi though - will be great once you have a txt version!
upload_2016-3-4_21-11-41.png

So tried again the new version - this time it works.
But only got 2 log files to load. More and it crashes. I hardly use Litchi though - will be great once you have a txt version!
View attachment 46025

That's interesting... I have over 30 logs loaded into mine without an issue. Feel free to message me with the log that's giving you trouble or try it again and let me know how it goes.

I'm just beginning to crack the DJI Go app so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad Pierce
Absolutely no doubt needs to convert dji .txt files to .csv.

And you do not need to crack the GO app to do that. There is at least 155 categories or more in the .txt file to convert.

Absolutely no doubt needs to convert dji .txt files to .csv.

And you do not need to crack the GO app to do that. There is at least 155 categories or more in the .txt file to convert.

:) I don't mean crack the Go app at all. I mean I have to crack whatever scheme they're using to store their data in their .txt files. As far as I know it's not documented anywhere. I know some folks have got it all figured out but they're not sharing... at least not clearly. I just want to make something useful for forum members to use without charge.

So far I've figured out latitude, longitude, altitude and some others but there's a lot more obviously to work through. That's what I mean by cracking the Go app's .txt files. I know a lot of folks have done some work on this but not a lot of people have actually written down what you need to do to go through it yourself. I'm working through the log parser that someone wrote in Javascript here to gain some insight but I'm not that proficient in Javascript so that's slow going for me.

If you have any tips I would surely appreciate it! Here's what I've worked out so far:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import argparse
import sys, math
from struct import unpack

def main():
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(prog='dji_log_parser', usage='%(prog)s filename')
    parser.add_argument('log_filename')
    args = parser.parse_args()
    try:
        file_handle = open(args.log_filename, 'rb')
    except:
        sys.stderr.write("Error opening %s\n" % args.log_filename)
        sys.exit(1)
    read_buffer = file_handle.read(12)
    while (1):
        read_buffer = file_handle.read(2)
        t, length = unpack('BB', read_buffer)
        data_block = file_handle.read(length+1)
        data_block_bytes = bytes([data_block[length]])
        e = unpack('B', data_block_bytes)[0]
        if (e != 0xff):
            break
        if t == 0x01:
             longitudex, latitudex, heightx, vX, vY, vZ, pitch, roll, yaw = unpack('<ddhhhhhhh', data_block[0:30])
             print(unpack('<ddhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh', data_block[0:50]))
             longitude = longitudex * 180.0 / math.pi
             latitude = latitudex * 180.0 / math.pi
             height = heightx * 0.1
             #vX
             #print("OSD", latitude, longitude, height, vX)
if __name__=='__main__':
    main()

Others don't share because they have put a great deal of time into something to just share and give it away. Another big reason why they don't share is because when they set out to begin on their projects, they found the same ole "no share responsiveness" from others as well.

The current situation is one person had the majority of the txt file cracked and converting to the csv format. No others created anything like this because they didn't need to as the person had no fee's associated. However, that person as you may know has since began charging to use his converter, which in my opinion was a mistake and not thought out very well. Nothing wrong with being compensated for your hard work and effort if you feel you need to be. But don't shock your users without notice. There is better options then charging your user's.

Others don't share because they have put a great deal of time into something to just share and give it away. Another big reason why they don't share is because when they set out to begin on their projects, they found the same ole "no share responsiveness" from others as well.

The current situation is one person had the majority of the txt file cracked and converting to the csv format. No others created anything like this because they didn't need to as the person had no fee's associated. However, that person as you may know has since began charging to use his converter, which in my opinion was a mistake and not thought out very well. Nothing wrong with being compensated for your hard work and effort if you feel you need to be. But don't shock your users without notice. There is better options then charging your user's.

Frank, I understand the motivation for sure and I get it. I on the other hand, am more than willing to share what I've done. Aside from just sharing what I've done so far, I'm getting ready to put my code out there just for anyone that wants to try and do it on their own or improve on what I've done. With some luck, I'll be able to get that last piece of loading the DJI .txt logs into this application and it'll be much more useful to the entire community at large and not just Litchi users.

Reactions: manju91080
Frank, I understand the motivation for sure and I get it. I on the other hand, am more than willing to share what I've done. Aside from just sharing what I've done so far, I'm getting ready to put my code out there just for anyone that wants to try and do it on their own or improve on what I've done. With some luck, I'll be able to get that last piece of loading the DJI .txt logs into this application and it'll be much more useful to the entire community at large and not just Litchi users.

I haven't downloaded anything here yet. What is the file type difference between the litchi and .txt flight log?

I haven't downloaded anything here yet. What is the file type difference between the litchi and .txt flight log?

Hi Frank,

The difference is that the Litchi app stores its flight logs in plain text .CSV files that makes it trivial to read and figure out what's going on. The DJI Go app stores the data in its own proprietary binary format. It's not encoded but as far as I know it's not documented in a way that makes it easy to work with. I've been able to piece bits and pieces together but it'll take some work to get there. More people use the stock DJI app so I want to make sure my app can load those log files to make it as useful as possible to folks.

Phuoc

Dropbox link is dead, can some1 attach copy here?

Dropbox link is dead, can some1 attach copy here?

Sorry... that was my fault. I accidentally deleted it. Try it again and let me know if it works.

BTW, this isn't dead. I just have been extremely busy with work. It's what happens when you fly every week. I've not flown my Phantom for weeks. I've also not written a single line of code in almost 60 days! Sad, I know but that's what happens when inconvenient stuff like work gets in the way of life!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.