Flight Log Analysis Needed

Reaction score
My friends P4P did a fly away the other day. The bird was located in the woods with no damage done. We were both flying together and I experienced no problems. I have uploaded the flight log here. We both are fairly new pilots and I can not tell by looking at the log what might have happened. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciate.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-08-04_[12-50-43].txt
    739.5 KB · Views: 281
How did you look at the log? Try uploading to phantomhelp log viewer or Airdata and post the link here.

The fact you found the AC undamaged suggests it autolanded. You may have hit critical battery voltage. Do you recall what your RTH settings were?

My friends P4P did a fly away the other day. The bird was located in the woods with no damage done. We were both flying together and I experienced no problems. I have uploaded the flight log here. We both are fairly new pilots and I can not tell by looking at the log what might have happened. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciate.
The flight data doesn't support your statement that your friend's Phantom "flew away"
I shows a Phantom under proper control and flying exactly as the sticks were operated.
From 17:14 to 17:36 it was left hovering.
At 17:36.8 it was facing just east of south and the right stick was pulled hard back until the end of the flight record at 17:54.3.
The last 500 feet of movement matches exactly what was done with the sticks.
It looks like your friend was disoriented and flew his Phantom away.

ps the flight record begins with the battery at 59%.
Launching with a partially discharged battery is asking for trouble.

The flight data doesn't support your statement that your friend's Phantom "flew away"
I shows a Phantom under proper control and flying exactly as the sticks were operated.
From 17:14 to 17:36 it was left hovering.
At 17:36.8 it was facing just east of south and the right stick was pulled hard back until the end of the flight record at 17:54.3.
The last 500 feet of movement matches exactly what was done with the sticks.
It looks like your friend was disoriented and flew his Phantom away.

ps the flight record begins with the battery at 59%.
Launching with a partially discharged battery is asking for trouble.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I was standing right beside him when this happened. He was flying with the DJI Go4. app and his iPad went blank and he had no control after that. If it was left hovering it was because all control on the iPad had been lost. We tried to recover with the app and could not. Only later looking the long. and lat. on the flight record were we able to go into the woods and find the bird.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was standing right beside him when this happened. He was flying with the DJI Go4. app and his iPad went blank and he had no control after that. If it was left hovering it was because all control on the iPad had been lost. We tried to recover with the app and could not. Only later looking the long. and lat. on the flight record were we able to go into the woods and find the bird.
You asked for an analysis of the flight record and that's what I've done.
It shows that your friend flew the Phantom away.
All the movement by the Phantom matches the joystick inputs recorded in the flight data.
There's nothing to show any hint of the Phantom flying away - it did exactly what was commanded of it.
The ipad can black out but that doesn't mean that the controller doesn't work.
Your friend could have flown it back or initiated RTH but he flew it away.

Reactions: sar104

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan