Flight Distance?

Flight mode makes no difference on distance. Frequency band only matters if you have local interference between the AC and RC. If you already know the fact that you should stay within VLOS, what is the real question?

Reactions: Orvillewrong
How far Can one fly their P4P+V2 ( Distance ) Which flight Mode is preferred for a longer Distance P,S or A ? 2.4g or 5.8G ? ( I know we should keep a LOS)
Thank you
The distances shown in DJI's specs are realistic and achievable
Max Transmission Distance 2.400 - 2.483 GHz (Unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km)
5.725 - 5.850 GHz (Unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km)

The distances shown in DJI's specs are realistic and achievable
You think the OP may possibly have read the specs from the manual as well? Well, maybe not.

I was reading some older posts within the forum where some stated they were able to fly further staying in P mode due to going 30 was more efficient on the battery .
Some posts read depending on the RC may possibly effect transmission.
Ex: GL300F , GL300E,GL300K..

Out of a curiosity ...

Reactions: CANEKiTA
I was reading some older posts within the forum where some stated they were able to fly further staying in P mode due to going 30 was more efficient on the battery .
Going 30 what? MPH? Efficient yes, for photography purposes no. You should always fly in P mode anyway, unless you are doing waypoints or a special function that requires that. Flying further only increases the risk of the loss of the aircraft or un-intentional damage of some sort. Yes, you can reach great distances. But why, under normal hobby flying is that necessary?

Come on he was asking a technical question not for a lecture on how he / she should fly, and he explained, unnecessarily, why he was asking, then again..
You are correct. The OP did "attempt" to explain. It made it appear that the OP had no idea what the specs were. Only from reading posts, which you know as well as I do can go to the extreme of truth at times. Take the specs with "grains of salt", but some posts can be taken with "blocks of salt "......

Come on he was asking a technical question not for a lecture on how he / she should fly, and he explained, unnecessarily, why he was asking, then again..

It sounds like he is preparing for a flight out of LOS and I don’t think anyone is trying to lecture. Just trying reiterate the the rule in the US.

I was not going to reply anymore to the chain however ( by no means digging at someone ) all I was asking out of curiosity how fare one flew . My mindset if there was a response that peaked my interest I would have asked the person how they achieved the distance stated.
I did put ( I know we should keep LOS ) definitely I can not see 4.3 mi per the specs.
When I bought my first drone I read for a few weeks before attempting to fly per the forum suggestions.
Have a great day..
Thank You...

Reactions: Loz
I did put ( I know we should keep LOS ) definitely I can not see 4.3 mi per the specs.
Point taken. There are quite a few instances of meeting and or exceeding the specs around, but what you have to remember these are under absolutely ideal and perfect conditions for the most part. Your own distances may or may not meet those numbers depending upon weather conditions, lay of the land, obsticles etc..etc.... Flying out over the wide open desert, or open water can easily meet them.

Reactions: MTO
Ive seen a video of P3P getting 5.8 km straight away before it had to return to home due to the battery level. I'd imagine a P4 would be similar. Assuming you can maintain comms the distance is only limited by battery. A 7 mile total flight distance is definitely doable under the right conditions.

It sounds like he is preparing for a flight out of LOS and I don’t think anyone is trying to lecture. Just trying reiterate the the rule in the US.

Please don't think I'm trying to be smarta$$, but he never said he was flying in the US. I am from the US but do most of my flying when I'm at work overseas. Please don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate everything I can learn from you experienced flyers.

I fly in a desert. Along a road and powerlines that I use for navigation. Definitely not VLOS, but there is nobody out here except camel spiders. If anyone went down the road I use for navigation I would know it because of my location. So no flying over people, and if I have to put it down (never have) I know where to find it. I have gained a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge about my craft by operating in this environment. I have learned how the winds affect battery life, distance, RTH, speed, night flying (visibility here is amazing) and which is the most efficient mode for flying (I think that was the original intent of the OP's thread).

In my experience, flying in P mode is most efficient as for maximizing distance vs battery usage. My farthest home distance (home point distance to turnaround point) is 4.5 miles, and max flight distance 10.9 miles. Take off and fly into the wind, stay low, turn around and ride the wind back home at a higher elevation to use the wind to your advantage.

Disclaimer: I know this is the Phantom forum, and I own a P4P V2.0, but the travel drone is a M2 and that is where the numbers come from. I just thought that the learnings I have might apply in this situation, maybe I'm wrong.

joelet, FlyDawg, sar104, Meta4, and others: I have learned a tremendous amount from you and thank you for your time to answer our questions. I am relatively new to this and have acquired more experience in the last few months because I have been fortunate enough to have the environment in which I fly available to me. And the guidance that you experienced guys have given to us has been very beneficial. But just maybe, sometimes it might be refreshing when you don't assume everyone is breaking the US laws and has nefarious intentions.

How far Can one fly their P4P+V2 ( Distance ) Which flight Mode is preferred for a longer Distance P,S or A ? 2.4g or 5.8G ? ( I know we should keep a LOS)
Thank you

ive had my ph4 pro 2.0 out 12000 ft with three bars remaining on both image and strength

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic