Flight Checklist

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to share my flight checklist with any who are interested. I know there are a few of these out there, but I'm sure someone would like a pdf version. I hit "Add to home screen" and placed it in the "drone" folder on my iPhone so it's quickly accessible. Hope the checklist provides value for some peeps! The picture below is just a screenshot of the checklist. The downloadable pdf. version can be found at the bottom.

Flight Checklist Screenshot.png
IMG-4007.PNG

Attachments

• Flight Checklist.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Yeah, every great pilot just jumps in the seat and takes off. It's the only way to be truly successful.

This is exactly what I mean. You are not exactly a pilot after all we are talking about machines that pretty much fly themselves. It takes little to no skill to operate one. Do you have a check list to drive your car too? I could be missing something here but honestly, do you fill this out before every flight? If so, why? I really want to know.

This is exactly what I mean. You are not exactly a pilot after all we are talking about machines that pretty much fly themselves. It takes little to no skill to operate one. Do you have a check list to drive your car too? I could be missing something here but honestly, do you fill this out before every flight? If so, why? I really want to know.
In fairness, I often do a "pre-flight check" before I pull into traffic on my motorcycle.

And reminders for some things aren't a terrible idea. I've lost pieces of video before because I popped out an SD card before the device was powered down for example. And more than once I've powered up the bird before removing that **** gimbal lock.

We could actually branch off into all kinds of discussions and argue, line by line, every item in the check list. But why bother?

If you think you don't need it, don't use it!

In fairness, I often do a "pre-flight check" before I pull into traffic on my motorcycle.

And reminders for some things aren't a terrible idea. I've lost pieces of video before because I popped out an SD card before the device was powered down for example. And more than once I've powered up the bird before removing that **** gimbal lock.

We could actually branch off into all kinds of discussions and argue, line by line, every item in the check list. But why bother?

If you think you don't need it, don't use it!

And more importantly don't act superior because "you" don't use a check list.

I have a small check list of my own.

Also, every time someone posts asking for help finding out what happened to a lost or damaged bird an early reply is always pre flight checks, especially when it relates to software.

For my own opinion I don't like this specific checklist as it leaves a couple of extremely valuable checks out, such as battery cell condition, compass calibration etc etc etc.

It one thing to just say you don't need a check list. It is quite another to act superior and claim a pilot who has one isn't worthy of your presence.

Reactions: Let Us Drone
If I went flying with someone and they pulled this out that would be the last time I would ever fly with that person again.

Checklists can save time, money, and even lives in Aviation. It's refreshing to see more and more people take it seriously enough to have some form of checklist.

I actually have a series of checklists (Night Before, Preflight, Flight, Post Flight...) and each one has saved me time and effort several times over.

Checklists can save time, money, and even lives in Aviation. It's refreshing to see more and more people take it seriously enough to have some form of checklist.

I actually have a series of checklists (Night Before, Preflight, Flight, Post Flight...) and each one has saved me time and effort several times over.

I agree. Been using checklists for 40+ years in aviation. And drones are aviation too.........just a smaller scale. [emoji12]

Reactions: DenMac and BigAl07
Don’t worry about it. If there’s anything I’ve learned about this hobby/whatever you want to call it in the relatively short time I’ve been in it, it’s that it attracts some seriously ****-retentive people on occasion. They do checklists to wipe their butt.

My checklist consists of pulling the gimbal clamp off, push the battery buttons to see if they’re charged, open a beer and let the app tell me if something’s out of whack. If that results in a dead bird as a result of something I missed, so be it. My fault, I’ll write the check.

The only thing that checklist will have any effect on you about is that you’ll be on your second battery by the time they get done with their fifty point inspection of prop condition and rotational mass equalization.. More fun for you. Again, let it go. That excessive mass of meticulate order is what makes them happy. My beer does the same for me. Find yours.

My checklist is pretty standard
1) turn drone on
2) open beer
3) make sure no one is around
4) get naked and start belly dancing [emoji23]
Yes, it’s always wise to look around and check the area for people or other obstacles. [emoji33]
Well, yeah, what's the point of dancing naked if there's nobody nearby to see it...

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl