Flight camera view

Reaction score
Hello I hope someone out there can give me some scoop on how or if even my issue can be fixed;
I have a phantom 2 bought it new and take very good care of it! About 3-4 years ago (time flies by since I retired from the Marines) I was notified to upgrade the software so I contacted the manufacturer to ask if it was necessary and they said yes so I did, not a good thing to do because after I did I lost flight picture, all I get is the circle of death! I contacted the manufacturer and told them what had happened and they sent me a return label to send it to them and they would check it out to see what the problem was, after two months they contacted me and told me it was a software problem and the other thing they could do is sell me a phantom 3 for $400. I told them that was a good deal because I had spent over $1200. For mine. But I asked what if I bought the phantom 3 from them and when I had to update the software that it would not do the same thing, they said that they couldn’t guarantee that that would not happen again!!! So they sent it back to me! My question is how can I fix the problem, can I put another camera on it and view through my phone while in flight? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

My question is how can I fix the problem, can I put another camera on it and view through my phone while in flight? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
No .. it's not possible to put another camera on it and view through my phone while in flight.
But it's 2021 now and the Phantom 2 was released back in December 2013.
It was an early step in the evolution of recreational drones, but is stone age compared to what is available nowdays.
Rather than persevering with your old P2, you'd be better off looking at what's available now.
For less than $500 you could pick up a Mini 2 that's 10 times the drone that the old Phantom 2 was.

Reactions: snowghost and pdqdl
Yep, since you're not even able to tell which model you have, it's safe to say repair is above your capabilities.

That seems a bit harsh, Quad.

I re-read the message several times looking for the part where he couldn't identify his machine. Has the original post been edited, or are you mistaken ?

Note: unlike some forums, this one doesn't seem to publish the record of any edits on a post. This one has been edited 2 times since posting.

Hello I hope someone out there can give me some scoop on how or if even my issue can be fixed;
I have a phantom 2 bought it new and take very good care of it! About 3-4 years ago (time flies by since I retired from the Marines) I was notified to upgrade the software so I contacted the manufacturer to ask if it was necessary and they said yes so I did, not a good thing to do because after I did I lost flight picture, all I get is the circle of death! I contacted the manufacturer and told them what had happened and they sent me a return label to send it to them and they would check it out to see what the problem was, after two months they contacted me and told me it was a software problem and the other thing they could do is sell me a phantom 3 for $400. I told them that was a good deal because I had spent over $1200. For mine. But I asked what if I bought the phantom 3 from them and when I had to update the software that it would not do the same thing, they said that they couldn’t guarantee that that would not happen again!!! So they sent it back to me! My question is how can I fix the problem, can I put another camera on it and view through my phone while in flight? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
You can put a fpv system on on your Phantom 2

I re-read the message several times looking for the part where he couldn't identify his machine. Has the original post been edited, or are you mistaken ?

Ph2 was sold in several versions:
- with gimbal-less camera, so called "egg" - that's Phantom 2 Vision
- with H3-2D gimbal (not sure if H3-3D was also sold as a separate model, or just as upgrade kit), to which you had to add your own Gopro - Phantom 2 H3-2D
- with gimbal and camera integrated, the predecessor of Ph3 gimbals - Phantom 2 Vision+
- maybe other as well, I don't know. Phantom FC40 was Ph1 or Ph2? Was there also "body only", without camera?

Each of these is different hardware, and since the camera is different, the issue which the poster has - no image - should be dealt with differently.

Also, lack of details in regard to performing FW update makes me suspicious. Note that Ph2 is updated via the old Assistant, and will not ask for update unless you connect it to PC and launch that app.

Ph2 was sold in several versions:
- with gimbal-less camera, so called "egg" - that's Phantom 2 Vision
- with H3-2D gimbal (not sure if H3-3D was also sold as a separate model, or just as upgrade kit), to which you had to add your own Gopro - Phantom 2 H3-2D
- with gimbal and camera integrated, the predecessor of Ph3 gimbals - Phantom 2 Vision+
- maybe other as well, I don't know. Phantom FC40 was Ph1 or Ph2? Was there also "body only", without camera?

Each of these is different hardware, and since the camera is different, the issue which the poster has - no image - should be dealt with differently.

Also, lack of details in regard to performing FW update makes me suspicious. Note that Ph2 is updated via the old Assistant, and will not ask for update unless you connect it to PC and launch that app.
you find the H3 -2D on eBay used for around $40

That seems a bit harsh, Quad.

Note: unlike some forums, this one doesn't seem to publish the record of any edits on a post. This one has been edited 2 times since posting.
Hello I did not know that there are different models, I thought that the phantom 2 was a phantom 2! When I get back to the house I will let you know the model number if you think that you can help! It’s like new and I am having a hard time believing that there is not a fix. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic