Flew my phantom for the first time...at night.

Hey eckoner: Check it out:

http://www.today.com/moms/two-nyc-schoo ... snhp&pos=7

See what I mean? An utterly harmless toy gets BANNED simply because it's a distraction. Yesterday a Pennsylvania law went into effect making it illegal to touch a pregnant woman's belly. See how easily absolutely ridiculous rules can come into being which impact small groups with no power?

It's not the occasionally out-of control quad flier I'm worried about. It's idiotic knee-jerk responses like these to non-problems from those who make the rules. Their policy invariably is "Why react when I can OVER-REACT."

PF

PhantomFan said:
Hey eckoner: Check it out:

http://www.today.com/moms/two-nyc-schoo ... snhp&pos=7

See what I mean? An utterly harmless toy gets BANNED simply because it's a distraction. Yesterday a Pennsylvania law went into effect making it illegal to touch a pregnant woman's belly. See how easily absolutely ridiculous rules can come into being which impact small groups with no power?

It's not the occasionally out-of control quad flier I'm worried about. It's idiotic knee-jerk responses like these to non-problems from those who make the rules. Their policy invariably is "Why react when I can OVER-REACT."

PF

I would say my point has always been

If one idiot does something stupid with a Phantom there will be some sort of restrictions come from it
If no idiots do anything stupid with their Phantoms there will be some sort of restrictions come from it

This is something that will be regulated regardless if you fly at your local schoolyard
Regardless if you do a flyover of the air control tower of your local airport or simply fly in your backyard and crash into your wife's favorite flower pot and break it there WILL BE REGULATIONS PERIOD!

So when we make fun of the 16 year old kid for crashing into a building or the 65 year old for putting some stickers on their Phantom it pretty stupid and is an obvious shortcut to thinking if you ask me

What usually works better at least in larger cities where it's usually ok to think for yourself is when constructive feedback and or criticism is given in a way that creates positive back and fourth dialog

Do you think you were originally making statements that would allow the one being criticized to even want to respond back to you?

It's all good we are all a bit obsessed and Phantomatical about this stuff so let's encourage and educate and not hate!

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. It's NOT about the Phantom (or any quad for that matter) it's about the STUPIDITY of the rule makers. Their knee-jerk tendency to ban first, ask questions and gather information later (if ever).

I hope I am finally making myself clear.

PF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20