Flashing green light on Pro

Reaction score
Searched all the threads and can’t find anything like this weird behaviour

FYI this was a board sent for flashing, I’ve had a few like this and can’t work out what’s wrong, the flash seems to take ok and the output in Putty looks fine but I end with the black screen and DJI Logo, again a search of the forum yields no results

@quaddamage

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ambarella is trying to boot, but failing. That's why after blinking green you're not getting solid green on the gimbal diode.

Powering down also takes longer because of no contact with Ambarella.

You'd have to figure out how to reflash Ambarella to fix it. We have no documentation, but I've heard this can be done with AmbaUSB tool.

Since Ambarella is starting the boot process, it seem that bootloader is working properly. So if you was able to trigger bootloader in Ambarella, it would probably flash the firmware from ' PFC300XFw3.bin' file on SD-card. Maybe it would get triggered automatically if the file is present?

Details on the file name I mentioned:
O-Gs wiki: Flashing firmware of a single module

Last edited:
Ambarella is trying to boot, but failing. That's why after blinking green you're not getting solid green on the gimbal diode.

Powering down also takes longer because of no contact with Ambarella.

You'd have to figure out how to reflash Ambarella to fix it. We have no documentation, but I've heard this can be done with AmbaUSB tool.

Since Ambarella is starting the boot process, it seem that bootloader is working properly. So if you was able to trigger bootloader in Ambarella, it would probably flash the firmware from ' PFC300XFw3.bin' file on SD-card. Maybe it would get triggered automatically if the file is present?

Details on the file name I mentioned:
O-Gs wiki: Flashing firmware of a single module

hi quad damage, thanks for the reply, where would I get the PFC300XFW3.bin file from

hi quad damage, thanks for the reply, where would I get the PFC300XFW3.bin file from

It's just the module m0100. Extract it from official FW container (using dji_xv4_fwcon.py), then rename BIN file for module m0100 to that name.

Read the linked wiki - the name actually depends on your current FW version; though there are not many drones with the FW so old that the name is different to the one I proposed.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
It's just the module m0100. Extract it from official FW container (using dji_xv4_fwcon.py), then rename BIN file for module m0100 to that name.

Read the linked wiki - the name actually depends on your current FW version; though there are not many drones with the FW so old that the name is different to the one I proposed.

Are they the same files that are in the P3 encrypt set of files? If so I have all those so will give it a try, it does try to flash, I put the debug file on a card with a lower firmware, always errors out though.

thanks

No idea what you're referring to.

Did you looked into log file?

Sorry the files i was talking about are these
1603637346655.png

If so then i had a spare P3P and I downgraded the firmware to 01.08.0080 which was a success, then i added the camera with the faulty board and copied the files marked P3X_FW_V01.08.0080_m0800-mod1.bin and rennamed it to PFC300XFw3.bin and installed it into the SD card slot and powered on, at first it carried on flashing the green light for a minute or so then it started flashing red and green (it didnt make the DDD noise) it then stopped after a few minutes and went back to flashing green, this is the ouput from the hidden log file

[00059074][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00059115]Done.

it has also renamed the file to PFC300XFw3_updated.bin on the SD card

Still showing the DJI logo.

Thanks for the help so far

Well you forced flashing of something. Though are you sure you understand what you're doing?

I talked about m0100. You just said you flashed m0800.

You're working on these drones for some time now, maybe it's worth learning how they work?

I just read right through this thread and you know what? I haven't a flipping clue what any of you are talking about??
"Output in Putty?
"Ambarella"??
"Official FW container"??

I've had my P3A for years and never heard only of this???

• Haha
Reactions: brigerdrones
"Output in Putty?"
PuTTY is a Windows application which allows access terminals (TTYs). It supports several connection protocols.
For the P3P/P3A gimbals, we use serial interface and simple text transfer protocol.

"Ambarella"??
That's the company which gave us all the action cameras. It's not Gopro who made the technology. They just wrap it into a specific camera box. And DJI wrapped the same tech into another box, giving us Phantom 2/3/4 camera.

Official FW container"??
This is how I call the firmwares you download from DJI. Simple as that. These are really containers which contain bunch of firmwares for specific modules, that's why this is the proper name.

Reactions: BigL
Thanks for all the info quaddamage, most helpful for the future.
I run Mac which is probably why I've never heard them?

I talked about m0100. You just said you flashed m0800.

You're working on these drones for some time now, maybe it's worth learning how they work?

I just realised what I did, as I said I’m good at box repairing but the software side is something I’m new to, I guess my mistake was using the same file name as the firmware version which I’ve now realised. Boy don't I feel stupid.
Thanks for the pointers mate

Reactions: quaddamage
@quaddamage

I tried again with M0100 file on the Sd card, same thing, im guessing its beyond my scope to repair, thanks anyway for the help most appreciated

I tried again with M0100 file on the Sd card, same thing, im guessing its beyond my scope to repair

You would definitely have to do some research to fix that.

I am a bit surprised that the camera allows to flash any firmware as m0100. Ambarella firmware has a specific structure, with camera model identified in the header - so trying to flash incorrect firmware should end with the drone refusing to flash it. I've seen the code which does that verification. So something fishy is going on there. Though I never repaired Ambarella, so can't tell much more. Maybe it's refusing to flash it, but writes false information to the log?

Reactions: KachemakDiver
You would definitely have to do some research to fix that.

I am a bit surprised that the camera allows to flash any firmware as m0100. Ambarella firmware has a specific structure, with camera model identified in the header - so trying to flash incorrect firmware should end with the drone refusing to flash it. I've seen the code which does that verification. So something fishy is going on there. Though I never repaired Ambarella, so can't tell much more. Maybe it's refusing to flash it, but writes false information to the log?
I have many boards with the same issue. I’ve been doing a lot of reading about it, including this thread and as much of your information as I can find. I haven’t attempted to dive into the further flashing of any of them yet. But it is a process that needs to be figured out!

I haven’t attempted to dive into the further flashing of any of them yet. But it is a process that needs to be figured out!

To properly diagnose that, I would start with connecting to UART of the Ambarella, and checking boot logs of the OS.

I think I've read on the O-Gs Wiki that UART pads are connected to RTOS part of Ambarella (Ambarella has two processor cores - one runs Linux, the other runs RTOS. Video processing is typically done by the RTOS part. Though I don't know how exactly the work is divided between these cores in Ph3 gimbal).

Anyway, if you want to learn how to fix Ambarella, you should start by checking these logs. Maybe there will be an obvious fail in them. And if not - then the logs need to be compared to ones from a working board.

My ADV is doing the same thing only no initial red b4 it starts flashing green my gimbal is also limp though so mine is probably done for?

To properly diagnose that, I would start with connecting to UART of the Ambarella, and checking boot logs of the OS.

I think I've read on the O-Gs Wiki that UART pads are connected to RTOS part of Ambarella (Ambarella has two processor cores - one runs Linux, the other runs RTOS. Video processing is typically done by the RTOS part. Though I don't know how exactly the work is divided between these cores in Ph3 gimbal).

Anyway, if you want to learn how to fix Ambarella, you should start by checking these logs. Maybe there will be an obvious fail in them. And if not - then the logs need to be compared to ones from a working board.

thanks for the input mate, But that’s all beyond my ability so I’m going to walk away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen