Flash P3 Pro with Adv firmware - part2

Reaction score
Hi, I bought several new Advanced gimbals for my Phantoms - but it is not possible to flash firmware to drone. There is Pro firmware installed in all boards and it works with Pro gimbals. But as all working Pro control boards already burned themselves to death (DJI fault, poor design) when flashing firmware, it is necessary to flash Advanced firmware to all drones.

There was no problem to flash Pro firmware to Adv drones - just installed Pro gimbal on the drone and Pro firmware to SD card, it was flashed.

But I dont know hot to reverse this process - flash Adv firmware to drones with Pro.

P3Sxxxxxxx.bin file is ignored.
P3S_FW_DEBUG ignored.
P3X_FW_DEBUG ignored.
No file created in logs or root folder.

All gimbals blinking green for a while, then red. There is no error in DJI Go,
only message that camera firmware update is required.

You can flash pro firmware to Adv drone with pro gimbal, but not sure it can be done the other way around.

If you have the advance gimbal with adv cam, you can flash advance FW

Looks like drone ignore the camera - no picture, no camera controls and it propably it does not see SD card.
I tried 3 Advanced gimbals - same result.

Firmware in camera is lower - should this be a problem ?

I can use faulty Pro control board to lower drone firmware.

Drone firmware is 1.11 (first drone) and 1.10 (second drone), gimbal control board versions are unknown.

Look like Advanced gimbal board nr 1. have a problem - no camera and sd card detected by drone.

Advanced board nr 2. seems to work - it started firmware flashing (P3S firmware).

Is there a way to diagnose gimbal control board ? Green LED is flashing, after a while red start to flash.
SD card is not recognized, thats most propably a reason why it does not start flashing firmware.
Camera firmware required is displayed in DJI Go, but as SD card is not cegnosed, it is not possible to flash
firmware.

Drone firmware is 1.11 (first drone) and 1.10 (second drone), gimbal control board versions are unknown.

Look like Advanced gimbal board nr 1. have a problem - no camera and sd card detected by drone.

Advanced board nr 2. seems to work - it started firmware flashing (P3S firmware).

Is there a way to diagnose gimbal control board ? Green LED is flashing, after a while red start to flash.
SD card is not recognized, thats most propably a reason why it does not start flashing firmware.
Camera firmware required is displayed in DJI Go, but as SD card is not cegnosed, it is not possible to flash
firmware.
I think it's possible to reflash firmware via serial link
if you believe you have enogh skills to do that and you have essential equipment, maybe you can ask for detailed help here

Look like one of the Advanced boards have a problem - it is dead, no led blinking, no card detected.
On all measure pads is correct voltage, therefore board should be powered. Is there something which commonly fail on Advanced boards which may cause this ?

Second Adv board looks like it started flashing (blinking red light) but no file is created on SD card and after few minutes gimbal restart itself (blinking green light), start flashing (blinking red light) and restart again after few minutes (and again, and again....).

This serial link - is it the same as Ambarella serial output on gimbal control board ?

Two other Adv boards are OK, started flashing automatically when SD card was inserted.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl