Fixing the gimbal board

How screwed am i?

• You'll be alright kid

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • So screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i diagnosed my P3P since it had no live video feed and found the dreaded missing 08 and 15 device problem. I ordered a new board from ebay the seller asked for the specs on my board /gimbal and told me that the board he had was a newer version and wouldn't be compatible with the old camera board (board attached to the lens) so i also ordered a newer camera board from the seller as well. Parts arrived and i went and replaced the boards. However the gimbal went totally limp and i got a gyroscope error, the firmware also read as our of date. I tried to install new firmware but the board wouldn't even start the process. With the new board no logs are being generated or anything. Worse yet, i switched back to the old boards and now my gimbal is going batshi and jerking around. Anyone have any experience with this? Side note i haven't resoldered the fan connections back on yet not sure if that may have anything to do with it?

I ordered a new board from ebay the seller asked for the specs on my board /gimbal and told me that the board he had was a newer version and wouldn't be compatible with the old camera board (board attached to the lens)
I never heard about any combination of Gimbal Top Board + Camera Sensor Board being incompatible.
Maybe the seller had a board which worked only sometimes, and he reached incorrect conclusions by testing it when it was randomly working and not working.

i switched back to the old boards and now my gimbal is going batshi and jerking around.
Try do disassemble and re-assemble it again. Make sure you don't mount anything in wrong direction - there are many ways to assemble the gimbal incorrectly.
Also, you might've damaged Flat Film Wire while replacing the boards.

Note that the 08 and 15 problem can often be fixed by software - see DaVinci spoiler section here:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan