FIXED....DJI Assistant won't open- App 'blocked for my protection'

Reaction score
Any good way around this? Run as administrator doesn't work. The only way I can get it to open is to install it from an administrator command line, and then I'm reinstalling the program every time I want to open it.
I went to the exe file and tried to run that as admin, but it's still blocked.
Acer Predator 17 and Windows 10.

Reactions: ArcheoDrone
You can either temporarily disable your security software or whitelist the DJI Assistant 2 application in your security software.

You sure you need DJI Assistant and not DJI Assistant 2? Or are you also getting blocked on the 2?

I'm using it on a P4P, so I think it's the correct app. It is DKI Assistant 2, I just wasn't clear about it earlier.
I went through the security software, windows defender, and the firewall, and nothing helps. The only way I can make it work is to run an admin command window, and then run the install package from a command line. That requires reinstalling it each time I need to use. it. I read someplace else that a recent Windows update broke it, and DJI is aware and working on the problem.

Reactions: Ansia
This short vid on regedit totally fixed my problem. Very clear walk-through.

Any good way around this? Run as administrator doesn't work. The only way I can get it to open is to install it from an administrator command line, and then I'm reinstalling the program every time I want to open it.
I went to the exe file and tried to run that as admin, but it's still blocked.
Acer Predator 17 and Windows 10.

I have the same problem and have been advised that it is a "certificate" problem. Windows 10 does not like the certificate/s associated with Assistant 2. The problem is with the file on the DJI server. I have reported the problem to DJI and the customer service assistant has replied saying that she would forward my information onto their engineers. If you have another computer with an earlier version of windows it will probably work OK. Luckily I have an old PC and have been using that. Cheers.

I fixed it with the registry edit in the video above. Changed one value, it runs fine.

brokencellphonepowerbutton.png

Thank you! Can we change the registry value permanently? I was confused when it was changed back on the video.

It really is the responsibility of the owner of the program IE - DJI. It is not up to the end user to have to modify his computer settings every time he wants to download a program that is an integral part of the operations of his / her DJI drone. The program and its functionality is part of the cost of the drone.
I just tried a new download and it still is not working correctly ):

It really is the responsibility of the owner of the program IE - DJI. It is not up to the end user to have to modify his computer settings every time he wants to download a program that is an integral part of the operations of his / her DJI drone. The program and its functionality is part of the cost of the drone.
I just tried a new download and it still is not working correctly ):

I totally agree with you! As everyone else, I needed to have this functioning -- right away to prepare for a mission today.

I followed the steps in the video and it fixed my problem.

DJI released DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0.7 to resolve this issue. It's available in the Download Center.

• Love

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj