First Video With My Phantom 4

I used final cut pro! It's only the second video I've made using any software but there are loads of tutorials on YouTube just watch all them :)
Nice video for only your second edit. I need to upgrade my editing quality with the new customers I'm getting, and you have motivated that move. For my personal videos I've been using Pinnacle Studio, which works ok but it's not as capable as FCP. I've had to farm out the editing for a couple of jobs that needed FPC, so I think it's time to pull the trigger and move up. I'll be visiting the Apple store soon I guess, to get new hardware.

Nice video for only your second edit. I need to upgrade my editing quality with the new customers I'm getting, and you have motivated that move. For my personal videos I've been using Pinnacle Studio, which works ok but it's not as capable as FCP. I've had to farm out the editing for a couple of jobs that needed FPC, so I think it's time to pull the trigger and move up. I'll be visiting the Apple store soon I guess, to get new hardware.
FCP X is pretty nice and it has some real powerful tools but personally I would recommend learning Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer if for no other reason is its interoperability with the rest of the Adobe eco-system.

Editing is a pretty simple operation. It's the editor that makes the edit, not the software. That said, although it's making its way around finally, since Apple stopped updating FCP Studio after FCP 7 and made a completely different style of editing with FCP X, they alienated all of their users who mostly went to Premiere.

I'm not saying it's a bad piece of software, on the contrary, but you'll be in a minority and since you have the choice now, I would consider Premiere or Avid MC.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: by the way, this was assuming he was using FCP X and not FCP 7 which some people still use.

FCP X is pretty nice and it has some real powerful tools but personally I would recommend learning Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer if for no other reason is its interoperability with the rest of the Adobe eco-system.

Editing is a pretty simple operation. It's the editor that makes the edit, not the software. That said, although it's making its way around finally, since Apple stopped updating FCP Studio after FCP 7 and made a completely different style of editing with FCP X, they alienated all of their users who mostly went to Premiere.

I'm not saying it's a bad piece of software, on the contrary, but you'll be in a minority and since you have the choice now, I would consider Premiere or Avid MC.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: by the way, this was assuming he was using FCP X and not FCP 7 which some people still use.
Thanks for the insight on this. I'm not a fan of paying a monthly fee with Adobe, I don't use it enough. That's one of the reasons I've procrastinated so long, but I know I've got to do something. I'm going to download the trial version of FCP X onto my wife's IMAC and play around with it a little to see how it works out. I'd much rather pay $300 one time and use it a few years, versus paying $240/yr for Adobe. However, if FCP doesn't suit my fancy, I'll be looking at Premiere. Avid is $430 to $600/yr, plus that's way overkill for what I need at this point.

Reactions: Myetkt
Very nice video. Great job. I just got my P4 and can't wait to get some great vids like yours. Good Luck. Safe & Happy flying. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Nice videos!
P.S. Your P4 is broken, no tilted horizon!!!. Send it in to be fixed.

Thanks for the insight on this. I'm not a fan of paying a monthly fee with Adobe, I don't use it enough. That's one of the reasons I've procrastinated so long, but I know I've got to do something. I'm going to download the trial version of FCP X onto my wife's IMAC and play around with it a little to see how it works out. I'd much rather pay $300 one time and use it a few years, versus paying $240/yr for Adobe. However, if FCP doesn't suit my fancy, I'll be looking at Premiere. Avid is $430 to $600/yr, plus that's way overkill for what I need at this point.
Use DaVinci Resolve, is free and almost as good as Adobe Premier Pro.

Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

Reactions: Jussaguy
Depends on your needs.

I need all the things in the Adobe suite that the monthly fee isn't even a second thought even though my "i owned all the other ones" promotion just ended I went from 19.99 a month to $50. Ugh.

But being able to link dynamically to AE, PS, premiere pro, c4d and so many more things that to me it's worth $5000 a month. It's all perspective. Media Composer (Avid) on the other hand is the best of the 3.

It's gorgeous. As you get comfortable with the flying and photographing part, for your videos, experiment with your editing in iMovie (free) to make it awesome. You just line the clips up on a timeline and piece them together. Use transitions to make it smooth from clip to clip (I'm in the movie business), simple dissolves make them blend together real nice. You can do some amazing things with our drone videos with a simple, free program like iMovie.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik