First video on my new P4A .. hmmm

Reaction score
So, right off, I'm coming from a Mavic for the last year.. I love this camera, it's awesome and so much better than the Mavic's. I took a short video this morning and it pauses for a micro second every second or so and it's kind of jerky. The first video I took was at 4k 30fps.. so, I move down to 2.7k 30fps.. jerky video is still there.. Thought it was maybe the card, but does the same playing from the harddrive. I've played many videos from the Mavic on this computer and they weren't jerky unless I was panning while flying too fast, not the case here..

Any thoughts?

F3Honda4me .. Actually was in the actually in the process of doing that with youtube when came across another issue.. After I upload it, I only get the option of 360p. So I watch the video, at 360p, and it is not jerky?? why only the option for 360p? Could this have anything to do with recording this in H.265, as opposed to H.264 I did with the Mavic.. that's the only setting that would have changed..

Scratch that.. I do see the option to change now..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Found it!.. the problem isn't there when I record with the H.264.. it must be the codec on my computer.. I'll have to update it or revise it.. I must say again that this camera is awesome. That video above is without an ND filter. D-cinelike, f/8.0, 1/160th, ISO400.. I'm sure it will look even better once I get ND filters, but DANG! that looks pretty good.

Reactions: godrocksu
It is not jerky on youtube... could it be that my windows media player doesn't like H.265?
There is very few personal computers that will play h265 files. Your files are fine. Your computer won't play them though. You need to either view them on a newer tv or upload to YouTube, or process them yourself.

I use adobe premiere pro cc. It auto ingests, creates h264 lower res proxies automatically , and can export in h265 4k etc.

Found it!.. the problem isn't there when I record with the H.264.. it must be the codec on my computer.. I'll have to update it or revise it.. I must say again that this camera is awesome. That video above is without an ND filter. D-cinelike, f/8.0, 1/160th, ISO400.. I'm sure it will look even better once I get ND filters, but DANG! that looks pretty good.
I had nd filters on P4 and mavic, but have seen no use for them on p4p because you can adjust the aperture size on the p4p.

I had nd filters on P4 and mavic, but have seen no use for them on p4p because you can adjust the aperture size on the p4p.

I wish I could change the aperture on my P3SE. -That said, a very small aperture is tempting, but even if depth of field gets larger with a smaller aperture it will also affect sharpness.
Every lens has a sweet spot when it comes to sharpness which usually lies in the middle between the largest and the smallest aperture.
A small aperture will give you the best sharpness . . . depth of field-wise, which should not be confused with lens sharpness.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic