First time ever Go Freeze

Reaction score
Been flying for a couple years, Phantom 4s. I always use latest firmware and software, including today.

Took out my fav P4, freshly charged batteries, open spaces with no channel interferences on iPad I’ve always used. Up and away...
Flying along doing nothing special when the Go app simply freezes. Drone still fully responsive and rest of iPad working fine.

Force close, restart and it reestablishes connection, fly for 5 more minute and it freezes again. Force close/restart and land 5 min later.

Restart iPad to get fresh start... new battery and off we go. Few minutes into flight - same kind of freeze.

And thats where I am...

Only thing different today is that it’s over 90 outside and over 55% humidity. I have flown in weather nearly this hot before, 5 batteries worth, without issues.

The last time this combo flew was 2 months ago, so, only version changes are whatever Go was at two months ago vs today.

Ideas? Thanks in advance...

I'm still flying P3 and as such, using the earlier version of the Go app. Nevertheless, reading these threads I'm hearing the latest version of Go for the the P4 is quite a drain on resources. Some guys are at the stage they need to purchase new devices.

From what I have been reading the heat is what has been getting a lot . I fly almost everyday here and is hot but I stay in the shade so I
havn't had any issues . I stay on the latest everything and IOS .
so far..

I’ll try a flight under 80 degrees temp (which I’ve flown for hours in) and see what happens.
Having never faced a full on freeze before it warranted a trip to the forums in case I managed to upgrade to a known unstable version.

Been flying for a couple years, Phantom 4s. I always use latest firmware and software, including today.

Took out my fav P4, freshly charged batteries, open spaces with no channel interferences on iPad I’ve always used. Up and away...
Flying along doing nothing special when the Go app simply freezes. Drone still fully responsive and rest of iPad working fine.

Force close, restart and it reestablishes connection, fly for 5 more minute and it freezes again. Force close/restart and land 5 min later.

Restart iPad to get fresh start... new battery and off we go. Few minutes into flight - same kind of freeze.

And thats where I am...

Only thing different today is that it’s over 90 outside and over 55% humidity. I have flown in weather nearly this hot before, 5 batteries worth, without issues.

The last time this combo flew was 2 months ago, so, only version changes are whatever Go was at two months ago vs today.

Ideas? Thanks in advance...

Try uninstalling and reinstall the app.

I'm still flying P3 and as such, using the earlier version of the Go app. Nevertheless, reading these threads I'm hearing the latest version of Go for the the P4 is quite a drain on resources. Some guys are at the stage they need to purchase new devices.
Yes LarBear, I also am still flying a P3A. NOT all day every day, I have a non drone life, but not to jinx myself, I have no real issues when things stay static. The only problems I have had have been DJI induced via one of their "forced" updates, which I disabled in my phone's hosts file.

I use a nice phone which does not have cellular access to isolate it from interference from DJI. My Go and firmware is years old and works as expected. I noticed long ago that "New and Improved" usually only refers to the improver's profit, not to me. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I’m using the latest Air 2 - never been an issue before...

I hate to tell you this, but the trusty old Air 2 is starting to get a bit ‘long in the tooth’ for the latest Go4. I started having these issues last summer and upgraded to the 10.5” Pro. No issues since, but there will come a day I’m sure...

I hate to tell you this, but the trusty old Air 2 is starting to get a bit ‘long in the tooth’ for the latest Go4. I started having these issues last summer and upgraded to the 10.5” Pro. No issues since, but there will come a day I’m sure...

That’s shocking - but interesting that instead of just lagging badly it would actually crash the app

Wonder how it work on a iPhone 8?

That’s shocking - but interesting that instead of just lagging badly it would actually crash the app

Wonder how it work on a iPhone 8?

In reality, you probably had a twofold issue - the modern limitations of the Air 2 processor and the high temperature. iPads don’t like hot or cold.

Reactions: Drestin Black

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT