First test of RTH....only 2750ft??

Reaction score
Just sent it out at 400ft high as far as it would go before RTH was initiated. Seems short, no? I was in an area with little chance for interference.

What's your limits set at? Go into assitant -> adavanced - limits

Ah, didn't even think to check that. It's fully updated with 3.0.4.....what are the factory set limits out of the box?

Well, the distance limits wouldn't initiate a RTH, it would just prevent you from going any further. "Distance Limit Reached"
I think it's 1500 meters by default (4921ft)

2750 feet sounds pretty good. It's better than the advertized range of 500-700 meters. (1640-2296ft)
Have you done anything to improve the stock range? Better antennas?
Was the controller antenna pointing straight out or folded at a right angle to the Phantom?

cahutch said:
Well, the distance limits wouldn't initiate a RTH, it would just prevent you from going any further. "Distance Limit Reached"
I think it's 1500 meters by default (4921ft)

2750 feet sounds pretty good. It's better than the advertized range of 500-700 meters. (1640-2296ft)
Have you done anything to improve the stock range? Better antennas?
Was the controller antenna pointing straight out or folded at a right angle to the Phantom?

No, completely stock, but I thought most here were getting closer to 4-5000ft stock. I had the controller antenna pointed up towards the sky and a little to the right (1 o'clock) to make room for the iPhone holder.

you are achieving the range expected. If you notice the 4000 feet stock its under extremely ideal conditions (rural areas, flat with possibly the transmitter/person being slightly elevated above other land/obstacles, no wifi or cell towers, Phantom flying sideways so that the antennas are always facing, FPV on lowest quality preview, etc.).

And bear in mind that straith above you is also a transmitting limiet if you intend to set the hight higher I mean the radio magnetic field produced by the antenna on the transmitter isn't a sphear do some reseach on google.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl