First P3S video with editing

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I posted my first flight video taken with the P3S that I purchased refurbished. It was unedited (except for adding the GoPro view) and mainly just a test flight.

Yesterday, I was able to take my P3S for an actual location flight. Nothing spectacular, just a local church flyover. Edited it a bit and added some music. I don't think it turned out too badly despite some odd camera angles and such.

The actual flight was pretty exhilarating since it was the first time I flew outside of the large field I tested in. I eventually took her up to the maximum 400 feet, and it started showing weak controller signal so I didn't stay there long. This is in the middle of an urban area and there is a lot of interference. I did set a high enough RTH altitude and made sure my home point was not obstructed by power lines or trees. I was able to try out the Point of Interest mode and it worked rather well. All in all, it was an excellent flight and my friend and I had a blast editing the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice video dude. Where did you notice the weak controller signal? Just at maximum altitude?

Nice shots of the church. I can't wait to try out the point of interest mode. How did you feel taking it up so high in a area which is not a empty field lol?

Darren

Nice video dude. Where did you notice the weak controller signal? Just at maximum altitude?

Nice shots of the church. I can't wait to try out the point of interest mode. How did you feel taking it up so high in a area which is not a empty field lol?

Darren

I first noticed the weak controller message at maximum altitude, but the P3S was not very far away at all horizontally. It didn't lose signal, but it showed just a bar of signal strength while I was up there. I've seen other people fly that high and further out with no weak signal (an no antenna mods), so I'm guessing that it was just because of the area I was in (power lines around, cell towers, etc).

The point of interest mode is awesome! When I tried it the first time the other day in a field, I did it incorrectly. I thought you set the point of interest by pointing the camera at it in the center. However, you need to actually fly the drone over the point of interest and mark it that way (using the GPS location). Once you set it, then you simply move away from it at a desired radius and hit Apply. It then begins circling at a pretty slow speed. There is a slider to adjust the speed and it can actually go fairly quickly around the circle (you'll notice in my video when I start the POI mode, it goes slowly for a second or two, then I sped it up). And of course, you can adjust the camera angle at any time during the mode.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set the POI by touching a place on the map instead of needing to fly over it?

Reactions: Dazzauk
I haven't done editing yet . I hVe a P3S. How did you do the editing . Built into DJIGO?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUOTE

Get the files across to your computer 1st and then use some software to get it looking sweet.

I personally have a imac and I use IMovie, but theres loads out there, And the other interesting thing is editing is actually what makes a video good not necessarily your filming skills, check out my user name on you tube darren talbot and you will see my 1st 2 videos were shot on a syma x8hg with no gimble but I think they turned out ok lol

Darren

I haven't done editing yet . I hVe a P3S. How did you do the editing . Built into DJIGO?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep, like Darren I also use iMovie on my Mac. It is pretty simple to use and comes with the computer, though it's not as powerful as a higher end package. But yeah, it's just a matter of taking the memory card out of the drone, using a micro-sd to sd adaptor, plugging that into the computer, and then importing the videos into iMovie. From there, it's all down to editing, exporting to a suitable format, and uploading to YouTube, etc.

The thing that I don't like is that I can't download the 2.7k video files directly to my iPhone for editing on there. I could just shoot in 1080p since iMovie doesn't support 2.7k anyway, but I feel like I should shoot in the highest quality possible on the drone. If the 1080p mode was 60fps, I would definitely use that over 2.7k 30fps, but since they are both 30fps, I feel like the extra resolution is worth it even if you are downscaling to 1080p. But iMovie on the iPhone would be a nice way to edit the videos too without having to take the memory card out of the drone, but that would require me to drop down to 1080p on the drone.

Reactions: Dazzauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31