First negative encounter this evening

These things appear in the strangest of places, it was Clint (he enjoys man hugs)

Have a happy flying weekend

These things appear in the strangest of places, it was Clint (he enjoys man hugs)

Have a happy flying weekend
Well you too
As far as your comment about Clint.....
anigif_enhanced-22784-1427206713-24.gif

Reactions: steveeds
No wonder this thread went haywire. The OP is chasing deer from 50+ feet high. That's wrong #1 and a good enough reason for an *** chewing. Flying over the leaseholder's house, who can then walk up to you after you've been chasing the deer on his property. Well, that's poor judgment and wrong #2.

It's probably best I wasn't around for the lively and crappy part of this conversation.

At least you've apologized to GoodnNuff and Dirk.

Harassing wildlife is offensive, no matter what the law states. Frightening deer by getting close enough to make them run into the trees, is just poor judgment. I hope folks learn what not to do from your mistakes.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just playing devil's advocate... you should have just shot the deer with a gun instead of a camera. Hunters are allowed to kill innocent animals all the time, but if you try to take a picture of one from the air you're in trouble. And, if there is a deer on the road, don't drive too close so it gets scared and runs off. ;)

Last edited:
It really sucks that almost everyone has been instructed on how to react to drones by the sleazy media, and their anti-drone agenda. Most every story is bad, so that's what the sheep think they are.............. bad. It's downright ridiculous, as this technology is exploding, and is going to be a VERY BIG part of our world in the near future. Why is it that only bad news sells?!

Reactions: acherman
It really sucks that almost everyone has been instructed on how to react to drones by the sleazy media, and their anti-drone agenda. Most every story is bad, so that's what the sheep think they are.............. bad. It's downright ridiculous, as this technology is exploding, and is going to be a VERY BIG part of our world in the near future. Why is it that only bad news sells?!

You've been around long enough to know that's all they try to sell.
Even if it's not bad they'll try to make it sound bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
It's the weekend, lets all get into the happy place.
Right on brother. Jesus Christ. Everyone is so quick to start an issue over nothing. Most of the sh!t talkers wouldn't have the b@lls to confront anyone if it came down to it. Just enjoy, be safe, stop being a tough guy, cause you never know when you'll meet a real tough guy. Just saying. Majority of folks here seem like really good people who are trying to figure it out. No disrespect is intended, but come at me like that and see how it works out for ya. Let's respect the hobby, others privacy and if we make a mistake, be humble and apologize. A real tough guy will avoid an issue if possible.

The FAA (still) states that no one owns the airspace above their property. The FAA (does and) is responsible for administering it.

General etiquette says don't fly lower than the highest object on someone's property; even better if you fly at double the height or more of that object.

Farmer brown needs something to do, but @scott rich did his best and I applaud it. Happy flying big guy.

I spooked some deer with my P3 recently. They get spooked if we drive down the street. I flew back the other way, landed , packed up and said well, I have footage of deer running....yay hoop hoop. Mutual of Omaha insurance here I come.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie