First gen hater got too close

Reaction score
Was filming for an event and this *** hat kept getting real close to me and hovering like 10' over peoples heads... In this short vid I was following this line of people and he crossed my path then it was like he was imitating me... Watch the shadows... For a minute I thought I had control of 2 phantoms....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looked like dueling phantom's via the shadow boxing part

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Unsolicited advice or not, if we all follow the rules maybe we can avoid unnecessary restrictions added to our flying of drones. Best practises are what is going to keep this hobby safe for everyone. If a Phantom fell out of the air, which some of them do, it could kill someone.
So this is not good then in your world Well glad Im not in your world

So this is not good then in your world Well glad Im not in your world

There is always a risk that something unexpected could happen. Best practises are just that... best practises. When someone is seriously injured we will all pay the consequence when the restrictions are tightened. It's only logical.

And you are in the same world since life hasn't evolved on other planets that DJI ships to. I don't want to live in the world where irresponsible people ruin the hobby I spent thousands of dollars to enjoy. That said, I am not personally insulting anyone here. I don't know who is flying irresponsibly and I am not the drone police.

There is nothing I would like more than to fly unrestricted, above buildings and cities and cool looking shots like that, but not at the expense of the hobby or of the people below.

If you haven't seen this video, even touching the blades while they are in full motion can be quite dangerous. Imagine if one fell on your head from the sky. Imagine if the next waterpark scene ended like this one.

I'm not arguing that restrictions don't suck, they do! It's just best to keep everyone safe so as to not hurt the reputation of safe flyers and not causing further restrictions because of the occurrences of preventable accidents.

Last edited:
An example of something unexpected.

I have been on this forum since April 2014 and this is what I see. Most pilots think safety and rules are fine ...until it comes to them and what they feel they are entitled to do. I also would like to fly over events. Do I trust my birds to never fail and maybe drop on someone..hell no. although I have never had any problems. That is not the point really. The props don't even have to be running to hurt someone. A falling Phantom probably won't kill someone but a prop in the eye wouldn't be much fun. The ones on the ground think it's cool and wave. The pilot knows where the quad is and can avoid it if it should fall from the sky. But what about the ones that are unaware? Drop a Phantom on some happy waving people and hurt someone and see the attitudes change. If you want to be a daredevil and risk hurting people...then let it be You taking the risk of being hurt...not others. You can set yourself on fire for all I care while flying your bird. That would be a good video. . I am amazed at the amount of stupidity that goes on here.

I've also seen videos of dogs jumping for Phantoms like it is a game. Well, flying your Phantom that close to your pet might look really cool on the 60" plasma tv but if the blades can slice an arm, what can it do to the dog's face or eyes?

Fly responsibly. I don't think it poops on anyone's party to suggest that anytime you fly precautions and common sense should prevail so no one gets injured.

don't get me wrong..I like and have done some crazy stuff at times. Filling plastic trash bags with oxy/acet and lighting them. Fun but dangerous. But if I'm only putting myself at risk, it's ok. It's not my right to put others at risk for my fun.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Im wiling to bet if both crash and fall to the ground... The old Gen as you called it.. would be laughing his *** right now watching you pick up every piece of that (lil Girl) gimbal LOL.... P2V is prolly one of DJI best Quad.. that thing is rock solid.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Im wiling to bet if both crash and fall to the ground... The old Gen as you called it.. would be laughing his *** right now watching you pick up every piece of that (lil Girl) gimbal LOL.... P2V is prolly one of DJI best Quad.. that thing is rock solid.
I have no idea what you are talking about. old Gen???

I don't know how you felt comfortable flying with another aircraft in the proximity.

Not sure whether to congratulate your confidence or try to reprimand you like some of the other posters.

In any case, I'm glad nothing bad happened.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
It was nerve racking but thats what the client that sponsered the event wanted.... The other guy was far away then invaded my air space like it was a game

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.