First gen hater got too close

I don't like people that fly over people. Because i think if I'm in a place with my little daughter and i see a quad or other flying machine flying over me and most of all over her, i can become very violent.

I don't want flying machine over my family head.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
What part of " I had permission" do you not get?
No one can give you permission to fly over my daughter head for example.
Who is responsible if something bad happens? You? Or do you think that have an insurance is enough? I don't think so. I'm sure you had permission to record video of the event but not to fly over people heads.

No one can give you permission to fly over my daughter head for example.
Who is responsible if something bad happens? You? Or do you think that have an insurance is enough? I don't think so. I'm sure you had permission to record video of the event but not to fly over people heads.

Its personal responsibility. Everything in life is a risk. You are putting your daughter at risk driving her down the street in a car, taking her to a playground, letting her sleep in a house with electricity, etc.

Its assumed risk on your part. Everyone needs to act responsibly. If you are really that worried about this I really suggest you do stay home. I wish your daughter (and you) a long and safe life. But life is a risk.

Its personal responsibility. Everything in life is a risk. You are putting your daughter at risk driving her down the street in a car, taking her to a playground, letting her sleep in a house with electricity, etc.

Its assumed risk on your part. Everyone needs to act responsibly. If you are really that worried about this I really suggest you do stay home. I wish your daughter (and you) a long and safe life. But life is a risk.
When i drive a car I'm responsible to pay attention of driving and street risk involved, when I'm walking on a green I've not to pay attention if something controlled by a stupid owner is flying over my head. The owner is responsible to do not fly his toy over my head because i don't want to be severely injured by a blade for a stupid compass fault or for a stupid battery error. Until will not exist parachute systems No law will allow you and me (i'm a quadcopter enthusiasts too) do that so you have to be responsable of what you're doing and take all the consequences of your stupid actions.

Airplane exist to transport people, helicopter for rescue reasons and more, phantom 3 is just fun and for fun you can fly also where there are no risk involved for unaware peoples.

Last edited by a moderator:
What part of " I had permission" do you not get?
The part where is written that you're allowed to fly 30ft over people heads. Please show that to me.

Istead of make evidence of the fact that another quadcopter enthusiast replicate your beautiful fly path, have you ever thought for a second what could have happened if the 2 phantoms collides?

You have been lucky. A lot lucky. Remember this.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjmwales
Please don't say stupid thing. When i drive a car I'm responsible to pay attention of driving and street risk involved, when I'm walking on a green I've not to pay attention if something controlled by a stupid owner is flying over my head. .

Responsible driving? The risk is same. No matter how good you drive down the street or well you walk through a crowd you are more likely to get hit by another car than you are a UAV.

Responsible driving? The risk is same. No matter how good you drive down the street or well you walk through a crowd you are more likely to get hit by another car than you are a UAV.
The law accept car collisions. But the law don't allow you to drive faster than limits, to drive when you're drunk, to drive where is not allowed to. Is it clear this huge difference to you or not?

Is for people that though like this and all people that click like on irresponsible posts because they fly irresponsible too, that sooner or later this hobby will be allowed only in specific fly hobbyst areas.

Let it go, he's in his own little argument already.

The law accept car collisions. But the law don't allow you to drive faster than limits, to drive when you're drunk, to drive where is not allowed to. Is it clear this huge difference to you or not?
A car is about 300 times more deadly than a little quad. The car is far and away more dangerous than the quad. I realize your mind is made up that you want to be mad, so maybe this is a pointless thing to bring up.

A car is about 300 times more deadly than a little quad. The car is far and away more dangerous than the quad. I realize your mind is made up that you want to be mad, so maybe this is a pointless thing to bring up.
What does it mean this? A car is necessary to move, to go to work and so on. Law allow to drive car following rules.

Your and my phantom are toys. Law allow to fly your toy where you want until it make stupid and no sense riskes for UNAWARE people. I know for example that if I'm walking on the pedestrian side of the street an uncontrolled car can hit me. I'm unaware that when I'm walking on a pedestrians area that a quadcopter, hexa, octa can fall on my head. No law will allow you to do this. And sooner or later if you fly irresponsible you'll know that.

Please tell me your huge arguments and where the law let you fly over my head with your toy. I'm here waiting.
Do you know if these people signed waivers? Do you know FAA regs regarding airspace? Do you know what the event has insured? Do you know why I thought it was a good idea to engage you in this argument (I sure as hell don't know why). My guess is your answer is no to every single one.

I get it, you just want to be upset. Some people are like this. Everyone is guilty until proven otherwise.

I'm not saying this guy is a saint, just that it appears that you've made up your mind already so there is little use in engagement (yet here I am because I'm am idiot on the internet)

I have been on this forum since April 2014 and this is what I see. Most pilots think safety and rules are fine ...until it comes to them and what they feel they are entitled to do. I also would like to fly over events. Do I trust my birds to never fail and maybe drop on someone..hell no. although I have never had any problems. That is not the point really. The props don't even have to be running to hurt someone. A falling Phantom probably won't kill someone but a prop in the eye wouldn't be much fun. The ones on the ground think it's cool and wave. The pilot knows where the quad is and can avoid it if it should fall from the sky. But what about the ones that are unaware? Drop a Phantom on some happy waving people and hurt someone and see the attitudes change. If you want to be a daredevil and risk hurting people...then let it be You taking the risk of being hurt...not others. You can set yourself on fire for all I care while flying your bird. That would be a good video. . I am amazed at the amount of stupidity that goes on here.

Yet you drive to work every day! Taking that risk on for both you and everyone around you
.Your car could blow a tire brake lines fail ETC ETC. No different
So yes you too are taking on risk of others around you, not just you. They don't know your crashing till you hit them
I would bet the failure rate is probably worse on the auto than the phantom so shut it

And yes I also had permission to film and carry a 5 million dollar umbrella policy
Im in a unclassified air space area, I dont need anyone to sign a waiver
you have NO right to privacy on any public area or in this case a private landowners area you payed to come to So any further questions

Reactions: kjopc
Let it go, he's in his own little argument already.
Lol. I think I will take your advise. When he started equating drunken driving with flying a drone overhead I realized he won't ever get it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I don't like people that fly over people. Because i think if I'm in a place with my little daughter and i see a quad or other flying machine flying over me and most of all over her, i can become very violent.

I don't want flying machine over my family head.
Then don't go into public places and definitely don't go were Im on vacation;)

When shooting this Had a guy come up and complain he did not want him or his family on camera an didn't want that thing flying around him. I explained he was in public and everyone with a cell phone could take his picture and 75 security cameras were. Said Im not filming just you Im shooting the property. He drug it out till Property Management showed up and told him to go to different area of resort if he didn't like it .( FINALLY SOMEONE UP TOP THAT GETS IT )

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr