First flight today!!!

Reaction score
I took my P4P out this morning and had a great time with it. Just doing some basic stuff with it, learning the controls and stuff.

Since everything worked fine, I was wondering... It kept telling me that there was a firmware update and with all the broohaha about the new firmware update I was wondering if there was any way to turn off that notification. I really don't think I need I to be perfectly honest.

Also, I bought a Nexus 7 to replace the iPad air I bought on eBay that didn't work (long story. Posted here somewhere...) Nexus boots up fine. I was able to load the dji go 4 app on it but it just kept crashing today. I have a couple other apps on there like B4U fly app which is pretty handy and Facebook.

I actually tried using it last night but found out that I needed to have it connected to the internet in order for it to see the drone so I took it home amd lost track of time. So I didn't get the time to have it connect at home.

My ultimate plan today is to take Facebook off that Nexus because I turned on the hotspot on my phone so I could get the tablet online and Facebook blew up with notifications. So I think I will remove Facebook because I really don't use it on that tablet. I don't need it cluttering up my tablet.

So I connected to my phone directly. A Motorola Droid Maxx 2 which worked flawlessly. No glitches (but I did only fly it about 75 feet in the air and flew it out about 300 feet in front of me. Like I said, I was just testing it.

Overall I am quite impressed with how easy it is to fly, the gimbal on the camera is supurb, overall feel of the controller is awesome. I love it!!! Now to get it home and charge the battery again so I can do some photos and maybe some video with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
DJI_0003-PANO.jpg

Made this pano by just uploading it to my Google Photos. They do the stitching for you ;)

Have fun and be careful!

So, I just looked at one of the videos. I think I got like 200 feet in the air and WOW! Great view!!! One thing I have to learn is slow, smooth movements. My first videos have some very fast turns in them. But still some nice views I got. I'll snatch some photos from the video. Next time I head out I need to grab my filters. Even at 1/800 my skies towards the sun were blown out.

I took Facebook and Facebook Messenger off the tablet before the second run and I was able to get DJI Go 4 to work... kind of... It was very choppy. But once I got the P4P in place and gave it a couple seconds to sync the tablet with what the camera was seeing I had some great views on the tablet. The phone worked best though. I will probably use that until I get a better device to use with it.

This one is my favorite. A little blown out but still a great view.

DJI_0006.jpg

Well my

YouTube

and

Site

Flying, creating, editing. All at the same time ;) Join my YouTube and tell your friends too what I am doing.

Also, I bought a Nexus 7 to replace the iPad air I bought on eBay that didn't work (long story. Posted here somewhere...) Nexus boots up fine. I was able to load the dji go 4 app on it but it just kept crashing today. I have a couple other apps on there like B4U fly app which is pretty handy and Facebook.

D@MN!!! My tablet is dead... Won't charge or anything... GRRRR!!!!!

I think you will find it's best to have a device "dedicated" to use with your Phantom(s). It seems to me, as they add features, it requires more resources on the Android end.
Try Tripod mode or research Expo settings if you want to get those smooth shots:
Nice shot, BTW!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues