First flight in wind, now vibrations in video

Reaction score
So I had my first flight with my Phantom 3 Pro in about 20 mph winds, with some gusts. It was definitely borderline flying weather, but I took it up anyway. I flew it out into the San Francisco Bay and the video was at first rock solid. No vibrations, no jello whatsoever, just buttery smooth 4k 30 fps footage. After about 10 mins, my I was startled by what I saw on my FPV feed: the camera was now making sudden harsh, jerky movements, as if the gimbal wasn't working at all and just gave way to the wind.

Ever since that flight, I've had jello/vibrations throughout my video. I've tried different settings, higher frame rates, in calm weather conditions, imu calibrations, gimbal calibrations, up to date on firmware, but vibrations are rampant throughout all subsequent videos since that first one. After seeing how smooth the video was at first, it's a major bummer to be dealing with this.

Anyone have any idea if a sudden, powerful wind gust can just completely screw up your gimbal, or any alternative ideas/solutions? Thanks!

Just wondering, is the jello issue mechanical or electronic? Is the gimbal misbehaving or is it the feed or maybe the sensor? Has anibody tried a low hover where a friend actually looks at the gimbal when it sends jello to the fpv? Does it twitch?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers