First Drone Video - Askøy, Norway

All feedback appreciated

Edit: Moved post to MavicPilots Forum
Loved it if that's your first you have a future as a drone videograpgher. There's a couple of shots I'd lower the video level you can adjust in post or your iris level on the drone while shooting. Great Video.

Shorten the video by cutting out some of the same shots of the car on the causeway. One or two of that scene are enough. Delete the last event - it is too dark to be informative.
Last time I went to Askøy, I had to take a ferry - no bridge. So many boats. Does everyone in Norway have one? And where is everyone on Askøy? I saw not a single person in your video, except those driving boats.

Camerawork excellent, but video far too long and boring music. Edit and cut to the beat of the music and make each scene 3-4 seconds max ! Am a pro cameraman. Liked the shots !

Thanks for the great feedback.

I agree the video is too long. Had to many shots and spent an entirety editing it afterwards. Have not filmed/edited much more since due to the big post-process job coming up.

There's a couple of shots I'd lower the video level you can adjust in post or your iris level on the drone while shooting. Great Video.

What is Iris level? (ISO?; in that case I had set it to manual 100 if I remember correctly; I normally set a low ISO and adjust the shutter speed accordingly)
When you say lower video level do you refer to a lower altitude or something different?

I was thinking about making shorter shots; but 3-4 seconds per clips, isn't that a bit too short again`?

Last time I went to Askøy, I had to take a ferry - no bridge. So many boats. Does everyone in Norway have one? And where is everyone on Askøy? I saw not a single person in your video, except those driving boats.

Yes, everyone has a boat I guess. This was very early a Saturday morning in the spring-time, not too many people out.

When you make a video, do you normally put the sound on after or when starting the edit? I think this is the reason my video ended up being too long: Had x minutes of soundtrack, had to fill with x minutes of vide.

Last edited:
Camerawork excellent, but video far too long and boring music. Edit and cut to the beat of the music and make each scene 3-4 seconds max ! Am a pro cameraman. Liked the shots !
The camera work is really excellent . The length of each shots depends on your audience and how long you want the video to be. Generally 2 minutes total is long enough, but try to stick with 4/5 seconds for each scene , unless there is action you need to show . If you cut it to the beat of the audio track, you will end up with an even better video . If that’s your first effort -it’s excellent! Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94