First crash. Now what?

Reaction score
Had my first crash today. 100% my fault, crash was only about 3 feet off the ground, phantom landed upside down in the grass and the motors made a screeching sound. I flew it after the crash and everything seems fine. What's the procedure after a crash. I'm changing all the props out. Should I change the motors as a precaution? Anything I should check?

Sorry... Couldn't resist. Never crashed, wouldn't know what to do, it depends on how are your stuff now.

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

Did something similar. The screech was ear piercing from the motors. One or two of my motors smelled burnt so I replaced them. They seem to work ok still , but thought it was best to replace them . Give them a sniff and see if they smell funky. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Phabulous PhantomPilots mobile app

If it flew ok you will be fine
The windings are large enough to handle the burp in current and the built in ESC's can handle the same. If it was a long time that the motors were bound I'd be more worried

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had my first crash the other day same sort of height, left the props on and she still flys like a dream, no need to change props if they are not broken.

Copy and paste my post from another similar thread. This is my experience:

"I only had one minor crash. Basically it touched the wall of a building, fell from about 5ft height, landed upside down. I cut the power to the motors with CSC move, picked it up and dusted it off, it flew again well for about dozen more time (with a new set of props). Then one day it showed ESC error and wouldn't arm the motors anymore. I had to send it back to DJI for repair for a fee of $200+ as they had to replace the main control board as well as a motor and the body shell."

Copy and paste my post from another similar thread. This is my experience:

"I only had one minor crash. Basically it touched the wall of a building, fell from about 5ft height, landed upside down. I cut the power to the motors with CSC move, picked it up and dusted it off, it flew again well for about dozen more time (with a new set of props). Then one day it showed ESC error and wouldn't arm the motors anymore. I had to send it back to DJI for repair for a fee of $200+ as they had to replace the main control board as well as a motor and the body shell."
I'm curious to know, was dji was able to tell that this was caused by a crash a dozen flights ago?

I'm curious to know, was dji was able to tell that this was caused by a crash a dozen flights ago?
I didn't get any clear explanation from DJI. My P3A was just over 6 months old when I suffered the ESC error, initially DJI support told me it was out of warranty, then when I enquired them more about some parts have 6 month warranty but other parts have 12 months, they changed their reply to agree with me. But when i got it sent in for damage assessment, they changed their reply again to say there was a fee quoted at $200+.

I had my first crash the other day same sort of height, left the props on and she still flys like a dream, no need to change props if they are not broken.

As cheap as props are, I'd throw new ones on.
I'd hate to find out the hard way that the incident caused stress cracks that could not be seen...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.