First complaint in 4 years of flying!

Yep, there are LIDS among us all but one would think that someone with enough drive and determination to pass their Amateur Radio License would know a little about the law and the technical capabilities of these drones! I believe he just wanted to be noticed more by acting like he did not like being noticed.

Keep on doing what you were doing. Hope your first Hamfest was successful! They can be a lot of work!
Jim
WA5TEF
EM54

Many years ago, I was managing the installation of Microwave Antenna on the roof of a high rise building. We chartered an old helicopter. I invited the local TV station and they came to film it.

One of the contractors on the ground literally "flipped out" when the cameras came on. Hiding his face and screaming as he ran off to never be seen again..............hahah

Moral of the story..........Who knows for sure..........Wanted in 4 states? Shy? Thought we were stealing his soul........???
I'm gonna go with "Outstanding Warrants". You should have put up a sign saying "America's Most Wanted" ...... LOL !

Wow. Never happened before. Our local ham club put on its first hamfest this last weekend. I took to the sky to get video and pictures of it for our website. I shared the links to all in the ham club mail list - as result of request of a fellow who could not make it and our prez who wanted them...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I get this email reply from one dude:
--------------------------------
Mike,

You really should dub my location out since I flipped off your **** drone most of the time it was filming. You did not have my permission to photograph or film me.

ignavom fucos pecus ad mortem!

Chris, USAF Veteran
VA Radio Club Trustee

----------------------------------------

Perhaps I should have continued the nonsense of PC? But rather I replied thus:
-----------------------------------

Chris,

First, thank you for your reply!

Second, thank you very much for your service to our country!!!!

Third, as I was close to becoming a Catholic priest, I took a lot of Latin; but unfortunately, I still cannot decode your combination of Latin words, other than to maybe translate it to " the drones, a lazy herd, from the hives." If you meant to offer a different meaning, please be direct and say so in English. Many of us have had enough with PC ("political correctness") and now say "JUST SAY IT."

Fourth, if you want to be seen on a public video "flipping off" that is out of my control. And unfortunately for you, your "flip off" is non distinguishable as the drone camera has no zoom capability, and if you ARE on it, you are no larger than a small piss ant.

Fifth, do you REALLY believe that being in public means no one is ALLOWED to take a picture of you? Please talk to a lawyer, or simply google it, before you go down that path sir.

Lastly, again, thank you very much for your service to my country! It is vets like yourself sir who have preserved what little freedom we continue to enjoy.
--------------------------

Anyone think I should have been more PC?
Wow. Never happened before. Our local ham club put on its first hamfest this last weekend. I took to the sky to get video and pictures of it for our website. I shared the links to all in the ham club mail list - as result of request of a fellow who could not make it and our prez who wanted them...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I get this email reply from one dude:
--------------------------------
Mike,

You really should dub my location out since I flipped off your **** drone most of the time it was filming. You did not have my permission to photograph or film me.

ignavom fucos pecus ad mortem!

Chris, USAF Veteran
VA Radio Club Trustee

----------------------------------------

Perhaps I should have continued the nonsense of PC? But rather I replied thus:
-----------------------------------

Chris,

First, thank you for your reply!

Second, thank you very much for your service to our country!!!!

Third, as I was close to becoming a Catholic priest, I took a lot of Latin; but unfortunately, I still cannot decode your combination of Latin words, other than to maybe translate it to " the drones, a lazy herd, from the hives." If you meant to offer a different meaning, please be direct and say so in English. Many of us have had enough with PC ("political correctness") and now say "JUST SAY IT."

Fourth, if you want to be seen on a public video "flipping off" that is out of my control. And unfortunately for you, your "flip off" is non distinguishable as the drone camera has no zoom capability, and if you ARE on it, you are no larger than a small piss ant.

Fifth, do you REALLY believe that being in public means no one is ALLOWED to take a picture of you? Please talk to a lawyer, or simply google it, before you go down that path sir.

Lastly, again, thank you very much for your service to my country! It is vets like yourself sir who have preserved what little freedom we continue to enjoy.
--------------------------

Anyone think I should have been more PC?

Nah, your response was great. Just wonder about the FAA safety regulation prohibiting flying over people without their permission. Sounds like s great event... Just saying --K5SMG

You were lucky I had someone complain on about my 5th flight!
Some guy found me and started going on about flying around over his house, I was actually filming a monument in a field.
He wasn't having any of that and insisted I was in the wrong etc and used quite threatening language.
When I checked my flight data the closest I got to any of the houses near the monument was about 70-80 metres away once... the rest was 100m+

Wound me up quite a bit on the day so hopefully I won't have to deal with anyone else like it for a while!
Most people seem to take an interest in a positive way when I've been flying so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers