Firmware

A signal strength issue would certainly be a problem, but then, theoretically if it loses contact it should return home
Control signal loss, yes. Video feed only no. You fly blind, but still have control VLOS only.

Thanks @Oso & @Fly Dawg for you inputs !
@cheddarman the whole procedure to downgrade the FW back to an earlier version isn’t an easy job.
Try to fly as usual, see if you encounter any issues with v1.11.20 evaluate their severity and let’s then discuss further actions.
It may be as well you belong to the minority of lucky folks who haven’t noticed any problems with v1.11.20. But you have to test the suite in all aspects and see it for youself.

Reactions: JoBe
Control signal loss, yes. Video feed only no. You fly blind, but still have control VLOS only.

Am I right in thinking that if "Control signal lost" the drone will Return Home? Likewise if one loses the video one can just press the RH button and get the drone back?
I really cannot afford to lose the thing :confused:

Am I right in thinking that if "Control signal lost" the drone will Return Home?
Correct. RTH will initiate ~2 sec after control signal loss. Video feed loss only does not.

Reactions: Quest-So and JoBe
OK then. WHEN the weather sorts itself out I'll give it a flight and see what happens.

Just about to try accessing the .DAT file. Just downloaded DJI Assistant 2.0.6 so hope it works.

Am I right in thinking that if "Control signal lost" the drone will Return Home? Likewise if one loses the video one can just press the RH button and get the drone back?
I really cannot afford to lose the thing :confused:
this is a very basic function. if you cant afford to lose it it makes sense to understand how it works before taking it up amirite?

i highly suggest reading these two things a few times:

Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/User Manual/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.8_en.pdf

A somewhat unnecessary post JoBe! I'll stick with Fly Dawg who doesn't put an 80yo down for asking questions to make sure things are as they should be and that I fully understand.

Anyway, I'd considered this thread closed as I've had all the information I was after.

Reactions: D0CT0R and RodPad
Any strong preference on the best firmware for P3A? I've had my bird for over two years now and have yet to do any firmware updates for the RC or P3A. Currently on 1.5.30+ (aircraft), 1.5.70 (RC), and 3.1.53 (DJI GO app).

A few months back a message popped up saying something along the lines of 'max acceleration enabled' when I tried to land it...If it wasn't for me catching it to land, it would have been a fly-a-way I'm sure; first its ever happened to me. On top of that, the signal strength has been much weaker and I'm starting to get more notifications that updates to firmware are needed (attached picture). Hoping an update will help solve these issues for me so I'd love to hear what you all recommend as the best firmware to update to. Within this thread I see 1.8.8 is recommended. Any more thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG-0187.PNG
    IMG-0187.PNG
    416.1 KB · Views: 252
The only reason Eason I updated in the first place was to get access to the additional functions, POI, follow-me etc. Once I'd gone up to that version I figured why not go to the latest (and last) so I did and have had no issues at all since doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4