Firmware

Reaction score
Can anyone please help please!
I just repaired the Phantom 3 Advance and I can’t find any firmware for it.
Can someone please steer me in the right direction for the firmware.
Thank you!

@tedw200,
Welcome to the Forum!

Please give this a thought, do really need to upgrade any firmware right now?
What happens people after crashes, repairs, etc. Don't test / fly their bird and think they need to update all.

Then they have a problem, and they don't know if was the repair or the firmware. ;):confused::oops::eek:

Rod

Reactions: Starz
I bought 2 of them for $150 and both were crashed, put some time into them an they both have a new life they are both like brand new. So I had to erase all the data on them for that reason I have to update the firmware.
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! I fly the Malik pro also.
Happy flying!
Tedw200

I bought 2 of them for $150 and both were crashed, put some time into them an they both have a new life they are both like brand new. So I had to erase all the data on them for that reason I have to update the firmware.
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! I fly the Malik pro also.
Happy flying!
Tedw200
I'm confused you can't erase firmware?

Rod

I’m sorry I didn’t explain in detail,
When I got them repaired I erased the flight paths or whatever they are called and when I tried to setup the controller it said I need to “update firmware no firmware found “.
I never had this show before.
When I went on the DJI site it had no firmware available anymore, and want you to buy a new drone.
I hope I explained it better now
Thank you!
Tedw200

I'm confused you can't erase firmware?
Not technically, but you can overwrite it, which is probably what occurred.

You're welcome. It's a joke that DJI won't keep an archive available to the public. :rolleyes:
When I went on the DJI site it had no firmware available anymore, and want you to buy a new drone.
FYI that DJI still maintains a support page for the P3A with FW and manuals, etc. You can see it here.

Also, DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.

(...)
Tedw200

Ted what FW version do you plan to write into the P3A ?
My warm advice to you is to stay away from v1.11.20...
Go with the v1.8.80 it’s very stable it doesn’t create any surprises. To have the whole suite working well it needs the v1.6.0 into the RC.

My warm advice to you is to stay away from v1.11.20...
Why would you advise that Quest-So? It's been around for almost two years - I haven't read anywhere of issues with it. I've just gone from 1.4 to 1.11 20 and no issues encountered - it's also the latest and probably the last they'll put out for the P3.

Why would you advise that Quest-So? It's been around for almost two years - I haven't read anywhere of issues with it. I've just gone from 1.4 to 1.11 20 and no issues encountered - it's also the latest and probably the last they'll put out for the P3.
He did so because many pilots have had issues with 1.11.2.....it is hit or miss. 1.8.8 is a very stable version...that is what I still use to this day.

Oooo, what sort of "issues" are we talking about here? Should I got back to the 1.8.8, if so, how does one do that, globing back?

Oooo, what sort of "issues" are we talking about here? Should I got back to the 1.8.8,
Signal strength, No video feed or intermittant are the majority, however I will say that if you are at 1.11.2 and the aircraft is responding normally, you are probably ok. I am just staying with a very stable version and have experienced no issues with it and really have no need to go further. You don't really gain anything by doing so IMO.

Due to very poor weather here for some time now ~I haven't actually flown with the 1.11.,20, just powered everything up in the house. Weather isn't fore cast to improve any time soon either!

How does one go back in time Fly Dawg, just do a normal "update" but pick the 1.8.8.file? I am being guided b y you in my drone experience!!

How does one go back in time Fly Dawg, just do a normal "update" but pick the 1.8.8.file?
You may have to do some searching on that one, but If I am not mistaken, you will need to repeat the entire tedious process that you did to get the new version, that is to say start all over again. I would fly with that version first. If you have no issues you are good to go, I would think.

Oooo, what sort of "issues" are we talking about here? Should I got back to the 1.8.8, if so, how does one do that, globing back?
Aside from the warnings from @Quest-So and @Fly Dawg , it's important to understand the significant changes brought on by v1.11.20. Click here for more info. You may have already seen it since it's included in the list of tips that I post very often here on the forum and that I sent to you in November. :)

Another thing is that enough people had sudden ESC error issues with 1.11.20 that DJI created a v1.11.30 which they have not made widely available but can be found if anyone cares to look for it.

Also, with v1.10 and later DJI removed the ability to easily downgrade via official means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest-So and JoBe
Um, interesting, thanks. I'll have a fly sometime, weather still being non cooperative and see what happens with the 1.11.20
A signal strength issue would certainly be a problem, but then, theoretically if it loses contact it should return home:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj