Firmware Version 01.09.0060

hi,
Any comments in the issues with short range or image cutting out or were those only related to the APP version and not linked to FW versions?

I'm still on 1.6 and APP 2.4.1 I believe

There was no RC firmware upgrade this time, only aircraft and battery.
Hey I'm having problems actually uploading the new FIrmware on my Phantom, did everything right and it's just sitting there not taking the firmware...any idea..I placed the .bin file (66mb) into sd card, placed it on my Phantom as usual and no beeps , not uploading..hmmm

Please format the micro sd card in the gimbal and start over. This time, make sure to open the folder and extract only the bin file.

RedHotPoker

Please format the micro sd card in the gimbal and start over. This time, make sure to open the folder and extract only the bin file.

RedHotPoker
I did this, and I extracted only the bin file..as when I download a Zip file form the Internet it automatically unzips on my Mac to the bin file..SO right now I have the .bin file on my SD card (66mb) size and still nothing. I did the format twice and tried again..strange

Yes Sir, same. So it would seem there is something missing, but what? ;-)
It will only update if the file is correctly placed onto the sd card.
Are you doing this by copy & paste, or perhaps drag & drop?
Copy & Paste are the only way of my files...

RedHotPoker

I did this, and I extracted only the bin file..as when I download a Zip file form the Internet it automatically unzips on my Mac to the bin file..SO right now I have the .bin file on my SD card (66mb) size and still nothing. I did the format twice and tried again..strange
Have you downloaded the correct file for your quad - P3P vs P3A? They are not the same.

Yes Sir, same. So it would seem there is something missing, but what? ;-)
It will only update if the file is correctly placed onto the sd card.
Are you doing this by copy & paste, or perhaps drag & drop?
Copy & Paste are the only way of my files...

RedHotPoker
Yeah, I will copy and past as I dragged it...I think you are correct..let me give it a go..stay tuned thanks

That's it for me definitely not touching this update, good luck everyone who is having problems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I copied and paste and it worked..thanks everyone for your feedback...It was user error on my part , I was dragging and dropping and I remember last update I did the same, my fault..Uploading nicely now..Thanks

You are the Most welcome Señor. ;-)
Drag and Drop is so yesterday/old school. Hahaha
Copy & Paste is where it's' at!! Eh?
I feel your joy, it's resounding and rebounding...

RedHotPoker

Flew today for the first time. Mine shows 1.8.80+ as well. Restarted, making sure the phone had internet access. Doesn't make any difference. Not that I care: just reporting. P3P W323A.

I did notice one oddity. I don't know if it's the firmware. More likely may be the latest DJI Go app on Android. But when I go to my flight log listing, the latest flight shows only the time in the "Date" column. All earlier ones show the date. Anyone else seeing that anomaly?

Mike
The time shows up for flights lagged the same dt you are viewing them. It will turn into a date if you view it days later.

Just flew 2 perfect 15 min flights with latest FW and iPad Mini 2 latest iOS as well. Perfect video reception out to 1400', as far as my old eyes can see the P3P clearly and easily looking up and down between the MR and iPad. I never fly anything out of sight as is proper here in the USA at least. I fly under the 333 rules sometimes, but most of the time just the hobby less restrictive rules.

Absolutely flawless as usuals with DJI FW for me at least. I have never had a problem with FW updates or my P3P. It is just an incredible capable and stable tool.

Just check your settings they do change from ft to meters for example and the expo seemed to change as well. Also check your fail safe return settings.

Reactions: JBG
Still losing RC signal/transmission. No change to distance before losing signal. About 80 metres, loss of signal and fly home.
DJI what are doing to fix this issue??

Not sure if it was this video or another similar one
DJI Phantom Quadcopter - RC Groups

But when I saw Colin Guinn's instructional videos, I had to have a P1, then the P2NV, then the P3P, and hopefully the P4. 50 years ago, for about a month, I flew tethered and hated the glow plug.

Upgraded a couple of days ago. First 2 batteries had perfect incident-free flights. Inserted 3rd battery and 'ESC status error' message pops up on screen. Unable to arm motors. Same thing for battery 4. Tried downgrading to 1.8.80 without success. Looks like it is bricked.
ESC error.jpg

Did my bird and 6 batteries. Flew all 6 today with no problems at all. Even did a short sunset on Periscope! I'm another one who has never had any problems at all with any updates. Just lucky maybe.

Reactions: JBG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost