Firmware v1.2.6 reliable??

It was an email someone posted and copy/paste of. Dont remember who it was. It wasnt so much the app version or platform, but seemed to me (english was terrible) that the issue stemmed from a slightly faulty app install. It simply suggested reinstalling the app. That isnt always a fix for android because uninstalling doesnt always remove all of the old data. Thats why I suggested trying another device completely as a test.

I dont have any issues at all, updated P3P and newest app on 3 tablets and 2 phones. All I can do is try to help those that do have issues.

I read that today too: http://forum.dji.com/thread-23183-1-1.html. It specifically talks about issues with the 1.2.x firmwares and that a roll back firmware is coming soon due to that.

I've had the same erratic behavior, starting immediately after the firmware update, while using both an iPad Mini 2 and a Samsung Galaxy S5. Neither had an app update the day that I updated the firmware and started having issues. Both have had updates since, which had no impact.

That's not how it works anyway. The app does allow you to switch VPS on and off, but it doesn't actively control that flight system. If your VPS is working correctly, you can leave the Phantom hovering at a VPS altitude, unplug your devices' USB connection, and the Phantom will continue hovering as if nothing changed. That hovering is controlled by code in the firmware.

That's great that yours wasn't adversely affected by 1.2.6 (I'm jealous!), but some of us haven't been as lucky and have tried all of the usual troubleshooting steps like recalibration, resetting settings, etc. It will be interesting to see if everything is back to normal for us when the 1.2.9 "upgrade" is available.

It was an email someone posted and copy/paste of. Dont remember who it was. It wasnt so much the app version or platform, but seemed to me (english was terrible) that the issue stemmed from a slightly faulty app install. It simply suggested reinstalling the app. That isnt always a fix for android because uninstalling doesnt always remove all of the old data. Thats why I suggested trying another device completely as a test.

I dont have any issues at all, updated P3P and newest app on 3 tablets and 2 phones. All I can do is try to help those that do have issues.

I posted that email sent to me from DJI. It's just more crap from DJI Customer Service. It has absolutely nothing to do with the app, and they know it. (Yes, I've tried and confirmed). Just more smoke and mirrors.

Great imagination!!! There are a few people here with issues. Its been stated now by DJI that the erratic flight issues are App related, and not the firmware at all.

Maybe it's not just the 1% select few experiencing major issues with 1.2.6 at all...strange...

Phantom 3 1.2.6/1.2.8 Firmware Update Issues and Resolutions

At DJI we are dedicated to creating the world’s most advanced flying platforms and camera stabilization systems. This dedication extends to ourdesire to provide quality products that meet and exceed the needs of our customers.

Recently however, we have had reports of a number of issues arising from our latest firmware upgrade, specifically upgrading from 1.1.9 to 1.2.8 onthe Phantom 3 Advanced and from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 on the Phantom 3 Professional. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are pleased to say that after extensive research and over 1000 flights, resolutions are now available. We would also like to extend a special thanks to users who reported the problems to us and assisted us as we worked on fixes.

If you have experienced any issues with your Phantom 3 Advanced or Phantom 3 Professional, please see below. If your issue is not below please let us know and we will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

Hi everyone, first post here. I received my P3P today and was applying the firmware update until I stumbled across this thread. So far I've updated the controller but have not started on the Phantom yet, but I'm assuming both need to be using the same firmware to operate correctly. Is that an accurate statement?

From reading around I'm getting the suspicion that with 1.2.6 on the controller I'll have to update the Phantom as well and risk the issues some are having. I need this flying tomorrow afternoon and Saturday.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Over 55% of reporting P3Pro users say it sucks donkey and basically installs a demon with a suicide wish in your new $1,500 toy, thus demonically possessing it and smashing it into itty-bitty bits right in front of your eyes.

For the love of all that is holy, learn from my mistakes and DON'T DO IT!!!

Some of us have no choice. Mine said update required and no cancel screen so a mandatory update before I could use my Phantom again.

It maybe ok saying don't do it. But you may end up having to like it or not.

My P3P/RC/SmartBatteries all running on firmware 1.1.9. Due to all the issues with the new and unreliable 1.2.6 firmware I am very hesitant to upload it on to my new P3P or RC. When powering up my copter and RC, my DJI Pilot App v 1.2.0 on my Iphone 6 it reflected a warning that my RC and Copter required update. Question.... can I ignore the warning and just fly using the installed firmware 1.1.9 ?? Im a rookie at this and don't want to take any chances. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers