Firmware Upgrade

Reaction score
DJI has released Naza-M Firmware 3.14 and Assistant Software 2.14 to optimize the compatibility for the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. In a notice at the bottom of the information page, these two statements appear:
•For safety reasons, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade.
•Make sure you reconfigure all parameters after upgrading firmware.
I haven't upgraded yet, but could anyone tell me what is meant by the first statement? Surely, it doesn't mean don't plug in the battery and power up the Phantom, does it? Can't see how it could be upgraded without power. Surely it doesn't mean don't start flying it. No one would be stupid enough to do that while it was still attached to a computer, would they? :D Don't think the Phantom would lift my laptop off the table. :lol:

As for the second statement, why would I have to reconfigure all parameters after upgrading the firmware? Isn't this why I'm upgading in the first place ... to get everything changed. And, what parameters are they referring to anyway? Do they mean for me to calibrate the Phantom like after it's had a few crashes or got knocked around some other way?

I don't know if its only me, but the English in DJI's instruction manuals,etc seems to leave a lot to be desired anyway ... not just in the case with the battery I mentioned above.

For a device running close to,a thousand dollars with a gopro the so called manuals of dji are appalling. Written in some weird form of chinglish that few feel comfort with. So, that said, this website is here to get us through that.

Yes a battery plugged in while connected to the PC and Naza update software. It's not obvious in the online description but you need to do that.

After updating check the transmitter settings, and ensure that GPS, ATTI and RTH are the settings on the right switch. Check the battery level cutoffs, quad X config selected, and intelligent motor control.

Then do a basic recalibration again to make sure all is good and you should be ready to fly.

Roadkilt said:
For a device running close to,a thousand dollars with a gopro the so called manuals of dji are appalling. Written in some weird form of chinglish that few feel comfort with. So, that said, this website is here to get us through that.
I'm a new Phantom owner and the last week would have been a LOT harder without this forum, especially leading up to my first flight yesterday. So, thank you all :D

@ Roadkilt

Thanks for the reply! Guess it's not just me as far as the language of the manuals is concerned then. :) You wrote "Yes a battery plugged in while connected to the PC and Naza update software." I'm assuming ... from your second sentence ... that that means "must be" plugged in or "has to be" plugged in ... rather than "must not be" plugged in.

+1
Correct. No disconnect power battery while upgrading. When it finish, re-power phantom and do an Advanced Calibration, even if it shows it is not required. (DJI's manual procedures)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga