P3 Firmware Firmware upgrade question ...

Reaction score
I bought my PA3 last June 2015 and flew it for a couple months. I stopped flying it in Sept 2015 due to some family events, having never upgraded any of the firmware. I'd like to get back into flying it now that things have settled down, but I need to upgrade the PA3, RC, and battery firmware. I'm pretty sure that since everything is so old, I'll have to upgrade using the Micro SD card. I've found the Firmware Update Guide on the DJI.com website. My question ... is there anything available in this forum that would be more helpful (easy to read and in more detail)? I'd appreciate if any of you seasoned pilots could point me to any threads that would be helpful. Thank you.
IMG_2593 P3A.PNG

Just out the firmware file into the root of the card, put it in the AC and turn it on. Then sit back, watch the light show and the noise. It will eventually (took 22 minutes) but all will update. Then restart the go app etc and all the warnings will clear each time you go back to the info screen.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for your reply. Do you use the same .BIN file to upgrade the AC, RC and batteries? I downloaded the latest firmware (P3S_FW_V01.09.006.bin). I didn't see any firmware file for the RC.

Yeah. The remote updates via the go app itself. The batteries and aircraft are from the bin file

Updated the AC firmware successfully, but cannot successfully update the R/C firmware. I don't think I can update via the go app because the current R/C firmware is too old. I've tried updating the R/C using the same .bin file on a thumb drive and also by connecting it to the camera. Neither have worked. Is there a specific firmware file that I need that is different than the latest A/C firmware file I am using (P3S_FW_V01.09.006.bin)? I attached the latest screen shot from the go app below.

IMG_2596 Phantom P3A.PNG

Sounds like it needs to be update by putting the file onto the remote via USB. Mine was new enough I didn't have to do that. I'm not an expert so hopefully someone can chime in on that. Always grab the latest version though for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did try updating the R/C using the .bin file on a thumb, as well as using a cable to the camera.
I'm wondering now if I should have upgraded to firmware V1.3.20 first. Now that I have updated to the latest V1.9.60, will that be a problem?? I know there are a lot of seasoned pilots on here, hopefully one will chime in and help a newbie out! Thanks.
IMG_2596 Phantom P3A.PNG

That's what it was ... I had to upgrade the R/C to 1.3.20 first using the thumb drive, then I could upgrade it to the most recent R/C firmware using the go app. All good. Thanks.

just for maybe someone's interest ... I got P3 standard this morning and worked ok. Then updated firmware in plane and then controller would not communicate with plane .... arghhhh . Eventually found to do Linking RC in DJI GO s'ware and press small transmit button on plane ... and all good again

meant to ad dthe fle on SD card now is

========== 2016.12.10 11:58:40 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
so what do all those 9999999's mean ?
version no?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads