Firmware upgrade and gimbal question

Reaction score
Trying to upgrade since I haven't done it yet. I downloaded the P3P file, extracted the .bin file to the root directory and put it in my quad.

Yesterday I had an issue where it said "gimbal motor overload" and the gimbal was twitching. I turned off, turned on again and it was fine. When I put the card in for the upgrade, the motor is doing four vibrating noises and then stopping, then doing it again. The document says it should be four beeps, this is more of a vibration that I can feel in the gimbal.

Is this normal? I let it do that for about 8 minutes and then noted the camera was pointing down and I could see the whole camera shake with each vibration, hadn't noted that before.

Any thoughts as to what's going on? My .txt file is created but only says

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...

OK... so I deleted the firmware file and put the card back in, turned the quad on and the gimbal does nothing. That can't be good... I went to calibrate gimbal and it does nothing. Cannot move it with the control wheel.

OK, well, since gimbal wasn't doing anything I figured I'd try the upgrade again. This time it only took about two minutes and I got the beep----beep beep and a green light. Cool. I turned it off and back on and the gimbal worked. I upgraded the controller nice and easy and the horizon level issue on the gimbal is fixed.

It appears it will remember where it was on the upgrade process if you kill it during the upgrade. Mine was done in three segments. Oops.

Thanks for listening :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31