Firmware updates

Reaction score
How important are they? I'm hearing horror stories that they cause SIGNIFICANT issues afterwards. I've not officially flown mine yet but I keep getting the warning that I have to update when using the sim.

Unfortunately I am not home so I can't confirm what version I currently have but I don't want to update if I have a good version

How important are they?
While firmware updates are optional, it's a good idea to stay updated if you want to take advantage of the latest features, fixes, and undocumented fixes. Check out the P4P release notes to see what's included in the recent updates.

I'm hearing horror stories that they cause SIGNIFICANT issues afterwards.
Yes, some people do have problems with the updates. I find many people looking for help here are not installing the updates properly. If you decide to install the latest update, you can install the Phantom like this and P4P+ remote controller like this.

Reactions: Techcop50
While firmware updates are optional, it's a good idea to stay updated if you want to take advantage of the latest features, fixes, and undocumented fixes. Check out the P4P release notes to see what's included in the recent updates.

Yes, some people do have problems with the updates. I find many people looking for help here are not installing the updates properly. If you decide to install the latest update, you can install the Phantom like this and P4P+ remote controller like this.
Perfect timing given post I just replied to you on another string...got it...this is exactly what I need to boost my confidence in doing an update!
Thanks!

I just finished doing the latest firmware update through the DJI assistant 2.
it worked perfect the first time.
so now the controller and a/c and DJI go 4 app are all updated.
will try flying in the morning.

Reactions: Slickvolt
I just finished doing the latest firmware update through the DJI assistant 2.
it worked perfect the first time.
so now the controller and a/c and DJI go 4 app are all updated.
will try flying in the morning.
You used Assistant 2 and not the DJI GO4 app. Any particular reason?

I was told by DJI that this would work easier.
and it did.
dji stayed on the phone while the a/c updated.
everything updated perfect the first time.
assistant 2 worked for me.
it may not work for you.

I was told by DJI that this would work easier.
and it did.
dji stayed on the phone while the a/c updated.
everything updated perfect the first time.
assistant 2 worked for me.
it may not work for you.
Ok, maybe I'll call tech support too

seems that the new firmware update works.
this eliminated the red box error message.

I have a PRO + aircraft, when I try to calibrate the vision system I get an error message that says it cannot detect the size of the screen. Support says I have to use a 12,5-inch screen, but that is really rare in Norway. I have tried to find a 12,5-inch external screen, it does not exist here. HP provides some mini PC's, they cost the same as a Phantom PRO. It seems impossible to have a drone calibrated in Norway, should I try to sell it, or is it something I can to solve the problem

I have a PRO + aircraft, when I try to calibrate the vision system I get an error message that says it cannot detect the size of the screen. Support says I have to use a 12,5-inch screen, but that is really rare in Norway. I have tried to find a 12,5-inch external screen, it does not exist here. HP provides some mini PC's, they cost the same as a Phantom PRO. It seems impossible to have a drone calibrated in Norway, should I try to sell it, or is it something I can to solve the problem
Can you find a used one, or ask around to borrow? Just for clarification this is on the Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Pro+?

How important are they? I'm hearing horror stories that they cause SIGNIFICANT issues afterwards. I've not officially flown mine yet but I keep getting the warning that I have to update when using the sim.

Unfortunately I am not home so I can't confirm what version I currently have but I don't want to update if I have a good version
I've been reading the stories as well, but a few days ago I decided to do complete updates on my P4P. I took it out and flew several batteries and it was rock steady, did exactly what I asked of it without a hiccup. I am no fan of DJI, particularly their poor customer support, but I have a hunch some of the problems that one reads about can be traced back to the sophistication of the equipment we are dealing with and operator knowledge.

I have a hunch some of the problems that one reads about can be traced back to the sophistication of the equipment we are dealing with and operator knowledge.
Agreed. And many people do not take the time to ensure they are following the instructions properly (or they don't understand the instructions perhaps).

flew my p4p today with latest firmware updates.
flew great no problems.

Nice! So, dud-free ;)

yeah looked good for first flight.
only had one battery.
I am afraid to use the other one that was in the a/c that smashed into the concrete runway and landed about ten feet from the a/c.
I will use that one for setting up the things on the a/c that need to be set up and use the other battery for flying.

If that battery is visually damaged, you probably don't want to store it or charge it inside of your house either. It would be best to dispose of it.

Reactions: John Locke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94