Firmware updates

Can you find a used one, or ask around to borrow? Just for clarification this is on the Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Pro+?

It is Phantom 4 PRO +.
12.5 inches screen is very rare in Norway, I searched for a 12.5 external screen, which does not exist here. I suppose that is because it is difficult to do serious work on a very small screen like that. HP Elitebook has 12.5, however to a price similar to Phantom 4.

It is Phantom 4 PRO +.
12.5 inches screen is very rare in Norway, I searched for a 12.5 external screen, which does not exist here. I suppose that is because it is difficult to do serious work on a very small screen like that. HP Elitebook has 12.5, however to a price similar to Phantom 4.
I did a google search here in the US and found this refurb HP Elitebook Folio G1 with a 12.5” screen, windows 10, etc. at this link
https://www.pricefalls.com/product/...yBCh1X_g34EAQYAiABEgJ28vD_BwE&ad=184562092026

It is Phantom 4 PRO +.
That refurb was for $525 USD...I don’t know what shipping would cost.

I have a PRO + aircraft, when I try to calibrate the vision system I get an error message that says it cannot detect the size of the screen. Support says I have to use a 12,5-inch screen, but that is really rare in Norway. I have tried to find a 12,5-inch external screen, it does not exist here. HP provides some mini PC's, they cost the same as a Phantom PRO. It seems impossible to have a drone calibrated in Norway, should I try to sell it, or is it something I can to solve the problem
It sounds like you have been given bad information.
There is no need to buy a 12.5 inch screen. No-one else has had that issue.
Perhaps they meant a screen at least 12.5 inch minimum - that would make more sense.
Just try it on a different screen without going shopping for a special one.

Does this help?

Perhaps they meant a screen at least 12.5 inch minimum - that would make more sense.

Does this help?

Thank you,
This is the answer from DJI support:
"To address your concern on the calibration issue that you were having, kindly try to install the DJI assistant 2 on a 12.5 inches screen/monitor and then kindly to the calibration again. The reason why the message is showing on your computer/laptop is because the application detected that the screen of the computer/laptop is not 12.5 inches as required on the said application."

I have tried with four different screens.

Thank you,
This is the answer from DJI support:
"To address your concern on the calibration issue that you were having, kindly try to install the DJI assistant 2 on a 12.5 inches screen/monitor and then kindly to the calibration again. The reason why the message is showing on your computer/laptop is because the application detected that the screen of the computer/laptop is not 12.5 inches as required on the said application."

I have tried with four different screens.
DJI people often use language badly.
Since the manual and DJI tutorial don't mention 12.5 inches, I'd be extremely surprised if that really is important.

DJI people often use language badly.
Since the manual and DJI tutorial don't mention 12.5 inches, I'd be extremely surprised if that really is important.

I understand, however, DJI support repeats it in their next email. I provided to them a video for VPS calibration that I found and support says that it is a 12.5-inch monitor that is used for calibration in this video:
. I think the screen of the monitor is more than 20 inches.

Does this help?
Does it matter if his is the pro+ version? I’ve seen other idiosyncrasies of the + discussed on these forums like no 3rd party apps etc., so I was waiting for someone to say what you said.

Thank you.
Yes, plus customs duties and VAT in Norway and you are close to the double of that price. It is not quite realistic to purchase a PC with a non-viable screen size that will only be used to calibrate a Phantom.
Meta gave a good answer, I just asked him to verify it’s true for your pro+ version, as I noticed video title says advanced. Apparently there are some things about the pro+ that differ from the pro and advancedwith respect to supporting 3rd party apps...I learned that here, so I asked him to clarify if that was true for pro+ since it has a dedicated screen.

Does it matter if his is the pro+ version? I’ve seen other idiosyncrasies of the + discussed on these forums like no 3rd party apps etc., so I was waiting for someone to say what you said.
The controller and display are the only differences - the actual aircraft is identical so calibrating the sensors should be too.

The controller and display are the only differences - the actual aircraft is identical so calibrating the sensors should be too.
I don’t know if this is true, but when I read his initial comment, I too thought it was odd, but I noticed he has a dedicated GUI as part of his device...so because he says DJI told him he had to have a 12.5” GUI, I asked myself...why...the only answer I. Could come up with was it must be related to the dedicated GUI they developed and maybe only included certain external driver compatibility...do you know? Or can you find out?

I don’t know if this is true, but when I read his initial comment, I too thought it was odd, but I noticed he has a dedicated GUI as part of his device...so because he says DJI told him he had to have a 12.5” GUI, I asked myself...why...the only answer I. Could come up with was it must be related to the dedicated GUI they developed and maybe only included certain external driver compatibility...do you know? Or can you find out?
On the regular P4 pro, some flyers use their phone, some use an iPad and some use an Android tablet, but they all calibrate the sensors of their aircraft the same way.
What display device they use shouldn't make any difference.
Having seen and heard of so many cases where DJI online help gave false and misleading information, I would not consider them a reliable source.

On the regular P4 pro, some flyers use their phone, some use an iPad and some use an Android tablet, but they all calibrate the sensors of their aircraft the same way.
What display device they use shouldn't make any difference.
Having seen and heard of so many cases where DJI online help gave false and misleading information, I would not consider them a reliable source.
Right, he doesn’t have the advanced, or the Pro...he has Pro+...he doesn’t use a tablet, phone...he uses the dedicated DJI provided device, ...that’s my point

Read my answer again ... I was explaining why it should make no difference that he has the P4 pro+.
No I hear you. I really do. But isn’t it also odd the Pro+ can’t use 3rd party apps...why...the only difference is that dedicated Device. Right. See that’s what pushed me to saying hmmm...maybe ...on this one. Ask msinger, maybe he knows, he knows weird stuff like this.

Just to muddy the waters a bit more... did they mention aspect ratio for the 12.5" screen? My Lenovo laptop/tablet is a 12.5" screen and 1280x800. My 10.1" android tablet is 1920x1200

I've calibrated sensors of a 4 and a couple of 4 Pro's on my 40" 4K monitor without issues so I'm not sure what the 12.5" screen means :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72