Firmware update

tevek....I had to do what you did to configure my settings so my Samsung Galaxy 10.5" Tab S wouldn't have the lag and break down of the video. It was great after the firmware upgrade. The upgrade was smooth and my P4 was perfect until I put it away for the bad weather coming to Illinois. Wx got better, so thought I would fly again....Wrong! Wonder what happened to it when I didn't fly for over a month? Gremlin's??? :)
If you've recently updated the go app (auto update?) the inclusion of additional NFZs and a few extra features seems to have taken its toll on your device possibly. It certainly did with mine.

I have had issues on most flights since day one. I would get on my PC and find an answer to the problems. Was ready to sell it...too much trouble.I updated when the firmware came out to get the new functions; tracking mode, tripod mode...etc. Tried the tripod and it worked fine. Thought I had finally tweaked it and all was good. I just flew it and was very happy it worked. Short flights mostly. I seem to gather people that want to know all about UAV's. When I get a crowd, I usually land and find another spot.
Now I have to send it to dji. Wonder how much they will soak me on this "repair". I asked if it was under warranty and was told they would have to check the damage first!! Might have been a language problem...his English wasn't very good. I think he might have meant "check what is wrong" rather than "damage". It doesn't have a scratch on it. Looks like the day it came out of the box.

I have had issues on most flights since day one. I would get on my PC and find an answer to the problems. Was ready to sell it...too much trouble.I updated when the firmware came out to get the new functions; tracking mode, tripod mode...etc. Tried the tripod and it worked fine. Thought I had finally tweaked it and all was good. I just flew it and was very happy it worked. Short flights mostly. I seem to gather people that want to know all about UAV's. When I get a crowd, I usually land and find another spot.
Now I have to send it to dji. Wonder how much they will soak me on this "repair". I asked if it was under warranty and was told they would have to check the damage first!! Might have been a language problem...his English wasn't very good. I think he might have meant "check what is wrong" rather than "damage". It doesn't have a scratch on it. Looks like the day it came out of the box.
Well I'd be loathe to send it off with the possibility you may get fleeced. There may be a hardware issue with either the RC or AC and you may get satisfaction through the warranty process if you end up with a friendly tech at DJI. Have you tried deleting the app (sync your flight records first to save them) and reinstalling, logging back in? You may as well give it a go before you pack it up and send it off. Make sure there is nothing else running in the background on your device to clash with the GO app.

I have a P4 and haven't flown in a while. Turned it on and told me I needed an A/C firmware upgrade. This was today; Nov 28, 2017. Connected A/C to Tablet...now it says firmware okay...didn't download anything? Also...it is stuck in A mode and I never fly in anything but P. Will not move. Backed out and it then said "Home point recorded" and showed GPS. Went back into A/C settings and it is still in A mode.
Max altitude won't go higher than 500m; (166'). Won't get me over many trees. RTH will not let me input any number. (Not in beginner mode)
Am in my house around WiFi, so interference is expected. I normally get video, but now it's all green screen. No telling what else is going on since I just turned it off in frustration.
Question is; did dji come out with a new firmware for the P4 in the last month? Has anyone else had this type of problem? Seriously thinking about dumping this thing and calling it a day!
It was easier to deal with the real thing that I sat in rather then this UAV.
500 Meters is 1500 feet. You must mean 30 meters, or 100 feet.

I had not used my drone in a few months and when I turned it on it asked me to do an update since I have done this update the controller will not reconnect to the drone but says it is the aircraft will turn on and operate but there is no video feed or any information coming from the drone to the controller since the update...p4 plus
I bought a Phantom 4 Pro and flew it for two weeks. After a week off I went to use it and it asked for a firmware update. I updated the firmware and it wouldn't connect to the controller or iPad. I called DJI and we went through the connection steps and nothing worked. I sent it in for repair and it came back after about three weeks with a new remote controller. So far it works fine now. No cost to me but it was gone for two weeks during the best fall foliage time.

I have a P4 and haven't flown in a while. Turned it on and told me I needed an A/C firmware upgrade. This was today; Nov 28, 2017. Connected A/C to Tablet...now it says firmware okay...didn't download anything? Also...it is stuck in A mode and I never fly in anything but P. Will not move. Backed out and it then said "Home point recorded" and showed GPS. Went back into A/C settings and it is still in A mode.
Max altitude won't go higher than 500m; (166'). Won't get me over many trees. RTH will not let me input any number. (Not in beginner mode)
Am in my house around WiFi, so interference is expected. I normally get video, but now it's all green screen. No telling what else is going on since I just turned it off in frustration.
Question is; did dji come out with a new firmware for the P4 in the last month? Has anyone else had this type of problem? Seriously thinking about dumping this thing and calling it a day!
It was easier to deal with the real thing that I sat in rather then this UAV.

Um, 500m is more than 1500 feet. You are unlikely any trees that tall. Perhaps you meant 50m?

As a matter of good protocol, do you go to the DJI site for your specific drone and check at the download page for the correct version of software/firmware for ALL your devices. In my case, I have a P4P, a P4P Controller, an iPhone, an iPad, and a Epson BT-300. It's a pain, but a necessary step to check the CURRENT release level for ALL of them before I install any upgrade. Then I install what ever is necessary to keep all on the same compatible level. Wish it weren't true!

Just a quick note. I upgraded AC to latest firmware using DJI Assistant 2 a week ago. Since then had very bad video feed and flashing green and red light on RC. All forum searches said I should upgrade RC using DJI Go application. DJI Go never gave me the option to upgrade even after reinstalling the app on both my iPhone 7 and ipad. Tried it today on my sons Samsung phone and RC got upgraded and everything is now working perfectly.

I think I tried everything. My experience is to upgrade using PC and dji assist 2. Never had good results with an upgrade with the app.
My P4 said I needed an upgrade when I actually had the latest upgrade. I've posted my troubles earlier and at least I can fly again... no thanks to dji support!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31