Firmware Update Limits Range

This video is really helpful, because if the conclusions he makes are correct, then that means We can not fly our drones past 50 meters in remote areas without cellular connection or wifi connection.
Per the video and the way the system is supposed to work, you will not be restricted as long as you're logged into DJI GO (even while flying disconnected from the Internet). Over the past day or so, people have been posting on various forums about issues with logging into the DJI GO app. It appears there is an issue on DJI's end that is preventing people from logging in.

Per the video and the way the system is supposed to work, you will not be restricted as long as you're logged into DJI GO (even while flying disconnected from the Internet). Over the past day or so, people have been posting on various forums about issues with logging into the DJI GO app. It appears there is an issue on DJI's end that is preventing people from logging in.

Exactly. The past (2) days I have attempted to fly in areas where I have cell service and even wifi in one location. Upon attempting to call DJI to check their business hours, an automated voicemail message stating "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties..." can be heard. I hope that is referring to our issue.

Just called DJI support... I was on hold for about 30 minutes. I explained the issue and he had me recalibrate my IMU and then go outside to try again. Well I went outside and tried again with the same issue... back on hold with DJI...

RESOLVED!

I reinstalled everything. I updated the OS on my iPad 4 Mini. I reinstalled the newest version of DJI GO app. I signed into my DJI account.

I also went in and manually set the distance and height limits.

Took the drone out to the beach today and flew out 1 mile.

Now working. But that was 4 days of irritation.

Dallgire

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

I spoke to DJI support... They said they were aware of this issue and had already had A LOT of callers reported the same issue.
I'm going to try a few things and I will let you guys know if it works or not. Basically they recommended reinstalling the latest firmware using their Assistant 2 program...

Glad to see you got it back up Dallgire!

Awesome!!!

I spoke to DJI support... They said they were aware of this issue and had already had A LOT of callers reported the same issue.
I'm going to try a few things and I will let you guys know if it works or not. Basically they recommended reinstalling the latest firmware using their Assistant 2 program...

Glad to see you got it back up Dallgire!

It worked and I'm back in the air! I used the Assistant 2 program to reinstall the latest firmware.

With me I discovered I actually didn't have the latest version of the Go App. Had to delete and re-download. It did another short firmware update and all was well.
For whatever reason the app did not automatically update. The latest version has some specifics relating to the p4p, spark, etc.

Watch this video for more details on how to avoid those limitations:

msinger...thanks so much for taking the time to walk us through the new height and distance restrictions and exactly what they do and do not do.
i hit mine for the first time after a firmware update yesterday and was clueless...no message appeared from dji on my inspire 1 to explain it.
i also have a phantom...and looking at getting a mavic for the portability.
while a few other contributors seek to berate those who did not get or see the message about the new restrictions, your friendly methodical walk through is a breath of fresh air and encouragement.
i do photography in the vast deserts/mountains of the southwest usa and usually no connectivity out there where i fly...and long flights required.
i do now dread the day that my primary ipad go app forgets who i am out there and asks for an internet connection to get back in.
will now try to have a spare go app device with me just in case.
nice job...thanks!
bob

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT