Firmware update didn't take?

Reaction score
The other day I turned on my drone and had the red banner to update to the new firmware. I downloaded it, hooked back up the the Phantom and proceeded to update, or so I thought. It finished and rebooted and I calibrated the IMU and controller and went and flew. No problems, still good range, control, etc. Well tonight I hooked up to it and guess what....red banner....firmware update needed. I hooked up to the drone and sure enough it says 1.6.8+ as the firmware. I will try again when I charge up a battery (I can't fly for a few days so I don't want to charge it tonight). Beats me what happened. Thanks for listening...

What drone - P3? P4? What firmware? I assume the RC?
A gotcha if it's the P4 and the latest firmware for the drone - it needs to be applied for each battery (as it's actually for the battery), so if you swap batteries you'll be prompted again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It is Phantom 3 Standard. When I checked the Phantom's firmware it still stays 1.6.8+

I did my update a few days ago, checked the firmware and it said 1.6.8+. After powering down (drone only) and back up, dji go said to update firmware and it now read 1.6.8 . Tried again, same result. 3rd time I powered everything down and closed Go, now reads 1.7.0

I believe JeyTea was right. One battery showed 1.6.8 and the other 1.7. Now they both are updated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav