Firmware Update 01.05.0300

I tried recreating the problem of 180 flip and could not do it. I was flying with camera down. Where do you see the flip? Is it from the video taken or the display screen?
Here's what I did to recreate the 180 video flip - take off, go to 100 feet (altitude probably doesn't matter), drop the gimble to -90, slowly roll left, slowly roll right, repeat the rolls a few times and it will flip.

Has anyone actually had an update for their + transmitter? I updated to the new firmware and couldn't do anything, not even start the motors, because of a "firmware mismatch"

When I upgrade the phantom this is what I get
7ac13cfad94a11f50216d558e501e2cc.jpg

Has anyone actually had an update for their + transmitter? I updated to the new firmware and couldn't do anything, not even start the motors, because of a "firmware mismatch"
I've only seen a firmware mismatch prevent you from taking off is with the batteries needing updated. At any rate, connect to Assistant 2, it should tell you what's mismatched and let you update it from there.

I didn't pay attention when I did my last firmware update, but I noticed this time that the gimbal likes to move into different positions during the update (all the way to the far side, rotate at an angle, etc). I did my update via the Assistant 2 software on my PC.

This was a bit confusing and odd to me, but my main reason for posting is to check if there is somewhere that states we need to make sure the gimbal lock is off during an update because I could see it wanting to move and potentially damage itself. I suppose I'd like to also confirm that others experience this movement as well.

[QUOTE="EhmayWuntee, post: 1311183, member: 103485" This was a bit confusing and odd to me, but my main reason for posting is to check if there is somewhere that states we need to make sure the gimbal lock is off during an update because I could see it wanting to move and potentially damage itself. I suppose I'd like to also confirm that others experience this movement as well.[/QUOTE]

Not officially, but the AC restarts several times during an update, so I wouldn't be having the gimbal lock on while this is happening

This was a bit confusing and odd to me, but my main reason for posting is to check if there is somewhere that states we need to make sure the gimbal lock is off during an update because I could see it wanting to move and potentially damage itself. I suppose I'd like to also confirm that others experience this movement as well.

Not officially, but the AC restarts several times during an update, so I wouldn't be having the gimbal lock on while this is happening
Ahh good call, it does that as well; and to clarify, the motions I was referring to were very different from a boot up sequence.

Ahh good call, it does that as well; and to clarify, the motions I was referring to were very different from a boot up sequence.

I notice when I'm upgrading the restarts are like when you turn the AC on to fly where the gimbal moves up and down in the vertical plane, however the gimbal movement is not extreme like a full gimbal calibration where it rotates and pivots as well

I didn't pay attention when I did my last firmware update, but I noticed this time that the gimbal likes to move into different positions during the update (all the way to the far side, rotate at an angle, etc). I did my update via the Assistant 2 software on my PC.

First thing you do before turning the AC power on for whatever reason is to remove the gimble lock and to make sure no obstruction blocking the camera. The gimble movement during update is normal. I dont remember where i read it from though.

When I upgrade the phantom this is what I get
7ac13cfad94a11f50216d558e501e2cc.jpg
I had the exact same issue. I tried downgrading and upgrading a few times with the same problem. I then checked my DJI Assistant and saw there was an update. After I updated the assistant and upgraded the drone again it worked.

However, I now have a new issue, with the new firmware in place I lose video and the drone disconnects at a very short distance. When I downgrade to the last firmware it works fine. First time I have had a problem after an update.

Not sure if it’s related to this update or iPads in general, but today was my first day trying both. I kept getting lag and choppy video feed along with poor connection errors. I also was in cloudy weather with a storm was moving in (2 hours away) and I was standing near my car so not sure if there is lower quality signal in those conditions. I only had the AC about 200 to 300 feet up and under 1000 feet away. iPad 2017 (WiFi only) and this time I wasn’t connected to my hotspot, I was on Auto 5.8 ghz radio and the antennas were in the top upright position.

Any tips or ideas on how to improve this or is it normal for non-cellular iPads?

I didn’t have time to try other things including going back to my Galaxy S6 that’s been error free (but not tested since the update), but I will do so by next weekend.

Here's what I did to recreate the 180 video flip - take off, go to 100 feet (altitude probably doesn't matter), drop the gimble to -90, slowly roll left, slowly roll right, repeat the rolls a few times and it will flip.

My test... sorry file too large to send here. It is just a video capture of my screen. Anyway I tested it left and right yaw, left and right roll, left yaw plus left roll, right yaw plus right roll, forward pitch plus left yaw, and forward pitch plus right yaw. My display was not inverted. The camera wasnt running though and I was only 9 meters high if that makes any difference.

iPad 2017 (WiFi only) and this time I wasn’t connected to my hotspot, I was on Auto 5.8 ghz radio and the antennas were in the top upright position.

Try custom setting and lower your bit rate to 6 mbps. I got my P4P with iPad mini 2, should work on yours with no problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT