P4 Firmware Firmware or hardware issue?

Reaction score
I did a vision sensor calibration on my P4A today and while I was in dji assistant I clicked on the "refresh" firmware thinking it would be no big deal. After that, when I go to fly (regardless of using Go4 or Litchi) my screen is choppy and lagging. I am using a crystal sky ultra. Any help is appreciated.
Sorry the video is sideways!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please note I was moving the drone back and forth by hand in the video.

Another picture of the screen. You can see the pixelation on the screen, particularly the remote. This makes me think it is a hardware issue. Possibly camera ribbon cable?
376b28cfb908663ff6a6051a74b07454.jpg

Going to keep bombing my own post. The firmware version available to me via assistant 2 is V01.00.0128. Is that correct? It seems there should be a newer version? I read that an improperly updated bird can have video downlink issues.

yes that is true. I would try refreshing again. My personal opinion is never to update if your bird is working ok.

I did a vision sensor calibration on my P4A today and while I was in dji assistant I clicked on the "refresh" firmware thinking it would be no big deal. After that, when I go to fly (regardless of using Go4 or Litchi) my screen is choppy and lagging. I am using a crystal sky ultra. Any help is appreciated.
Sorry the video is sideways!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had a chance to test out the Newest Firmware today and as we had some issues until we got all the Batteries to update also.

Getting the batteries to update took many start ups.

Than is was smooth sailing, we tested everything we needed for Extreme weather flying and firmware seems legit , solid.

Ran a long Distance test flight close to the tree tops and over the water , super stable.
Tested the hover positions , extreme breaking and flying backwards all very solid.

Litchi was smooth.
We are using the Pro Plus controller .

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

yes that is true. I would try refreshing again. My personal opinion is never to update if your bird is working ok.

Thanks for droneted for saving the day! Shipped my camera to him and he got it repaired. Apparently a burned spot on the ribbon cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.