P3 Firmware Firmware bricks my Phantom 3 Advance

Reaction score
Hi people, i am a newbie so please be kind...!!! My controller said that i needed to update, so i did. I updated my drone and controller at the same time.
Now my controller will not connect to my Samsung Tab A. I can move my drone because the controller and drone connect no problem, but DJI GO will not now
connect with my Tablet. It worked fine before the upgrade.....HELP PLEASE.......

Tryed USB cord to eliminate that,,do you have second device to try ,,I use tab a also but dont this this would be a fault but helps eliminate what going on.....oh and welcome ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ianzone, thanks for the quick reply.
My drone controller only uses usb cable, the Phantom 3 Advanced is not wifi, and i have changed it 3 or 4 times. Nothing will connect to the controller.

Hi Ianzone, thanks for the quick reply.
My drone controller only uses usb cable, the Phantom 3 Advanced is not wifi, and i have changed it 3 or 4 times. Nothing will connect to the controller.
Ah sorry I was thinking about p3s is other post and confuse myself,,,ok sometimes after firmware update they recommend you relink,,I know you have cam movement so it might reestablish the connection to device ?? Bit of a guess but trail and error,,one fix not for all

Thanks....will give it a try but, need to break the link first....?
Na you dont need to but can if you want,,to break link just turn on drone and press,it should go red then,,...I check back soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep i know. Just turned drone on and it has the red light......Just put controller on and both go green. Switched tablet on and started
DJI GO and cant connect with software, both DJI Pilot or Letchi........

Maybe a bad USB board. Do you have access to another remote controller to check with? Does any messages show on the device screen?

I updated my P3A when I first got it a year ago. Flew fine until update. After I could control aircraft but no video feed. Tried new USB cables different tablets and phones and replaced USB board and nothing worked. I ended up having to buy new controller and that fixed the issue. Has been ok since. Good luck.

I am a mavic 2 enterprise user and updated to latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2. Upon successfully updating I lost the ability to see my camera feed while utilizing an iOS device. I still was able to see the telemetry and take pictures and video - it could only be viewed in post however. It was then (lesson learned) I checked the mavic forums and learned to not upgrade if using iOS and DJI's official line was to get an Android. While DJI said the firmware upgrade was non-reversible, I was able to downgrade to a previous version, after trying for several days, and all is well. I had also upgraded my controller firmware without issue. However, I get a warning upon startup that my device and controller are using incompatible firmware - everything still works well though, just have to decline upgrading. So, don't know if that is an issue with the Phantom, but the symptoms seem similar. Hope this helps.

Reactions: DoctorBuzzard
Hi people, i am a newbie so please be kind...!!! My controller said that i needed to update, so i did. I updated my drone and controller at the same time.
Now my controller will not connect to my Samsung Tab A. I can move my drone because the controller and drone connect no problem, but DJI GO will not now
connect with my Tablet. It worked fine before the upgrade.....HELP PLEASE.......
I think it might be a good idea to check your hidden txt files, one kept doing the same thing... As it turns out I missed an important update to the firmware v1.8.80 or something, and they have a news flash that if you failed to make that praticular firmware update you’re just screwed... But I don’t think so.

I updated my P3A when I first got it a year ago. Flew fine until update. After I could control aircraft but no video feed. Tried new USB cables different tablets and phones and replaced USB board and nothing worked. I ended up having to buy new controller and that fixed the issue. Has been ok since. Good luck.
Same on this end, tho I’m gonna try and repair the controller, I’m thinking it’s a bug in the software, and if that’s the case I’m fairly confident that I can track that puppy down.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I’m thinking it’s a bug in the software, and if that’s the case I’m fairly confident that I can track that puppy down.

First step is always to figure out which module has an issue. If one of modules doesn't boot, it is likely mentioned in update logs. Also worth checking whether you have GL300A remote or later version - those have different typical issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj