FINDING WORK IN PARADISE (YOU NEED TO SEE THIS)

Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoys!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great editing. Great content. I spent some time in the Caribbean working as a pilot during the mid 90's flying all throughout the islands, and yes, it is a magical place. I look forward to the final video review of that resort. Please post a link here. Good job!

Reactions: John Conrad
Great editing. Great content. I spent some time in the Caribbean working as a pilot during the mid 90's flying all throughout the islands, and yes, it is a magical place. I look forward to the final video review of that resort. Please post a link here. Good job!

Thanks for watching! I'll post the link for the new vid (coming soon)!

Sounds good! Enjoy.

Newest video is live!

Looks great John. I was based one winter on the small island of Nevis, and every weekday, I flew a Piper Aztec on a contract DHL freight run from Nevis to: Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Granada. On my weekends off, I explored both these islands and several others with friends and family who visited while I was there. Because St. John does not have an airport, we never were able to visit that island, but I think not having an airport gives it that much more charm.

This was in the mid nineties, so pre drone-era, but the fun I could have had.. Watching your videos here has brought back a lot of great memories. Thank You!

Where Condors Soar

Looks great John. I was based one winter on the small island of Nevis, and every weekday, I flew a Piper Aztec on a contract DHL freight run from Nevis to: Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Granada. On my weekends off, I explored both these islands and several others with friends and family who visited while I was there. Because St. John does not have an airport, we never were able to visit that island, but I think not having an airport gives it that much more charm.

This was in the mid nineties, so pre drone-era, but the fun I could have had.. Watching your videos here has brought back a lot of great memories. Thank You!

Where Condors Soar

It's an amazing island, which island of the ones you visited was your favorite? I've heard St. Lucia is beautiful!

St. Lucia is beautiful, very colorful, but I tended to prefer the 'out of the way' spots. Not far from where you were, there is a small island called Anegada, and we found it to be just that.

On a whim, we loaded up and flew there one day. We were told to circle low over the town a few times in order to catch the attention of the island's taxi driver, and after doing so and then landing, the driver arrived in an old station wagon a few minutes later. We told him that we wished to go to a quiet beach where we could also get some food. He smiled, and said he knew just the spot.

Eventually, after a lot of bumpy, dirt roads, we arrived at a beach setting that I will never forget. It was kind of a lagoon, with the most turquoise water that I have ever seen. There was a small, beach-side shack with a wide deck, and sitting on the deck was an elderly woman with a wide smile who proceeded to cook the most delicious meal that any of us had ever eaten while in the Islands. Fresh seafood, vegetables, rice and beans, perfectly ripe fruit, and for everybody but me - since I was flying and limited to only Ting - a large cooler full of ice and beer.

We had all worked our appetites up snorkeling around this shallow lagoon with its array of live reefs, and that day was one of the more special ones for all of us during that winter in the Caribbean.

I often wonder if that elderly woman with a wide smile still sits on that deck waiting for another group of visitors to arrive. I like to think that she does..

St. Lucia is beautiful, very colorful, but I tended to prefer the 'out of the way' spots. Not far from where you were, there is a small island called Anegada, and we found it to be just that.

On a whim, we loaded up and flew there one day. We were told to circle low over the town a few times in order to catch the attention of the island's taxi driver, and after doing so and then landing, the driver arrived in an old station wagon a few minutes later. We told him that we wished to go to a quiet beach where we could also get some food. He smiled, and said he knew just the spot.

Eventually, after a lot of bumpy, dirt roads, we arrived at a beach setting that I will never forget. It was kind of a lagoon, with the most turquoise water that I have ever seen. There was a small, beach-side shack with a wide deck, and sitting on the deck was an elderly woman with a wide smile who proceeded to cook the most delicious meal that any of us had ever eaten while in the Islands. Fresh seafood, vegetables, rice and beans, perfectly ripe fruit, and for everybody but me - since I was flying and limited to only Ting - a large cooler full of ice and beer.

We had all worked our appetites up snorkeling around this shallow lagoon with its array of live reefs, and that day was one of the more special ones for all of us during that winter in the Caribbean.

I often wonder if that elderly woman with a wide smile still sits on that deck waiting for another group of visitors to arrive. I like to think that she does..

Sounds like the perfect day!

You're going to love the next video, we sail from St. John to Anegada! I loved the island, and had some amazing snorkeling on its reef. It's quiet, remote, and absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to show it to you!

Reactions: Brockrock
Sounds like the perfect day!

You're going to love the next video, we sail from St. John to Anegada! I loved the island, and had some amazing snorkeling on its reef. It's quiet, remote, and absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait to show it to you!

As promised, here's the video!

Reactions: Brockrock
Looks great John! Thanks for the 'trip down memory lane'. Not much has really changed there, it would seem. Then again, that is one of the thing that the Caribbean is known for. You guys could return ten years from now to these places you have been, and with the exception of possible hurricane damage here and there, things would be just as you left them.

I have a hunch you might like today's VLOG as well!

Look great. I'm glad to see that the reef is still alive and healthy. Meanwhile, here in CT it's a rainy and not so warm day, not conducive to drone flying. We have some sunny and milder days on the horizon though, and I have a variety of filming projects planned after being mostly grounded for the winter...

The Baths did not disappoint!

I so appreciate you talking the time to post these. Of course we went to the Baths as well, and I immediately recognized that path you filmed walking out there. Also love the chicken walking around the floor at Hog Heaven. Signature Caribbean dining...

Today it's off to Jost Van Dyke!

We spent New Year's Eve - I think it was 1995 - on Jost Van Dyke. We took a very small boat - referred to as a 'Ferry' by the locals - from Tortola, and it was way, way overloaded with party goers. I was told that the Jost Van Dyke, New Years celebration is the third largest in the world. #1 Paris, #2 New York, #3 Jost Van Dyke. It was fairly wild, to say the less... Great aerial shots too, especially of the sailboat!

We spent New Year's Eve - I think it was 1995 - on Jost Van Dyke. We took a very small boat - referred to as a 'Ferry' by the locals - from Tortola, and it was way, way overloaded with party goers. I was told that the Jost Van Dyke, New Years celebration is the third largest in the world. #1 Paris, #2 New York, #3 Jost Van Dyke. It was fairly wild, to say the less... Great aerial shots too, especially of the sailboat!

We heard about the legendary New Year's Eve celebration, I would love to come back to experience it! Hard to believe such a small island can host such a large celebration!!

Wait until you see this place!

Last VLOG in this series!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.