Find quadcopter in field of tall grass

Reaction score
I flew FPV yesterday and lost the quadcopter in a field with about 50 cm (20 inches) tall grass. I flew in GPS-mode.

The best thing I've come up with is two people holding a rope at each end with something heavy tied to it in the middle. Walking at a distance from another and in that way screen the field for the quadcopter.

Another good idea would be to go look for it with another quadcopter. If there is any here from Gothenburg, Sweden please contact me!

What's your idea?

Last edited:
The best way might be fly another one overhead.
I don't see the benefit of dragging a rope over - you are more likely to bend the crop over it surely?
Plus if it's a farmer's crop even walking about through it close to cutting is better avoided - the tracks you make won't be easy to cut cleanly.

Reactions: 750r
Try going to setting and using the find my Phantom. It will show its last location while it was transmitting a signal. Have been able to walk up to mine twice when she was lost. Shows a map and where you are and the Phantom is. As you get closer so does the location on the map. Good luck!

Forget about the rope tricks. You need to gather a few friends together and do a grid pattern. Spread out at arms length and walk in a straight line, covering a lot of ground in a shorter time. I'm quite sure it will be found.

Flying over the area could also be beneficial, but it may also be missed, if the overgrowth is covering it up.
Wish I could be of more assistance, but you will find it.

Don't give up hope.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1