Finally some spare batteries!

P

PaulW

If you are in the UK www.firstpersonview.co.uk have P3 batteries in stock - mine is on its way for delivery tomorrow!

I ordered a P3A with spare battery from RCGeeks - got the P3 weeks ago but still no word on the extra battery.

Also I go backpacking a lot with my P3 - found this case which looks in theory like it should fit a P3:

LowePro Flipside 500AW

£112 from WexPhotographic.

That too is on its way....

Reactions: robinb
My extra battery ordered with the P3P directly from DJI arrived today, the day I get back from a long weekend with plenty of flight potential. Never mind, glad it arrived!

Let us know how the 500AW works out as I would be interested in the results.

That pack is going to be tight, width and depth. I'm interested in hearing about how it works out for you as well.

If you are in the UK www.firstpersonview.co.uk have P3 batteries in stock - mine is on its way for delivery tomorrow!

I ordered a P3A with spare battery from RCGeeks - got the P3 weeks ago but still no word on the extra battery.

Also I go backpacking a lot with my P3 - found this case which looks in theory like it should fit a P3:

LowePro Flipside 500AW

£112 from WexPhotographic.

That too is on its way....

Thanks for the info, just ordered battery No.3............ with at least 1 hour of flying it will definitely be worth taking it on a descent trek into the Derbyshire hills...:)

Thanks Paul

Just ordered one, my dealer in spain still does not have stock, though they did get the drones on launch day. Extras I ordered have been long coming.

Ordered one also today while i wait for my battery from another retailer .
Seems some retailers in the UK are getting dji stuff a week or 2 in advance of others
But hey no worries as i do have my phantom3 .

I phoned RCGeeks about the battery I ordered with the Phantom P3 and they said they are hoping for some limited stocks sometime this week.

How many customers will receive one depends on how many they get!

Firstpersonview must have some sort of priority with DJI!

The LowePro Flipside 500AW has arrived.

Well as expected its a tight fit - but it does fit without the sound of ripping, swearing or anything breaking!

If I could make it 1cm deeper it'd be perfect but as it is it fits.

This is my third bag for the Phantom.

My first was this:

https://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/accessories/dji-phantom-backpack

Fits the Phantom 2 perfectly but it has no hip belt and I found the bag really, really uncomfortable for more than 40 minutes on my back. My body and that bag just don't work well together! Lots of pain in shoulders and neck mostly.

My second bag was this:

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-lowepro-pro-trekker-650-aw-backpack/p1559858

Great bag - way more comfortable than the first bag. Extra padded hip belt and shoulder straps. Big enough to fit a small elephant inside. Looked like I was carrying a large suitcase on my back. I walked for 3 or so hours with this on my back over Dartmoor for 7 or 8 miles and it was considerably more comfortable bag number 1.

Perfect except for one thing - its seriously heavy. Over 4kg when empty. I guess with all my plane stuff and various hiking stuff it was getting to around 8kg. I really felt the weight after a few hours and it became a bit uncomfortable - though still much better than bag one.

Anyway other than round the house I've not used bag 3 - the LowePro Flipside 500AW. But round the house it feels well padded and comfortable. And so much lighter than bag 2 - I guess less than half the weight.

Only practical use will tell how it feels after 3 hours hiking round Dartmoor - which I hope to do maybe Thursday.

Attachments

• LowePro_Bag.jpg
    LowePro_Bag.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 361
Just to add more details on the new bag.

I easily fitted a Phantom 3, battery, remote control, sunshade and propellers in the main compartment. Plenty of space for a 2nd battery - mine is due 2pm today with Interlink!

There's two handy large mesh pockets on the side for drink bottles or snacks. And the other side of the bag has a zipped large pocket that could easily fit a large tablet, your sandwiches and lots of other stuff - its pretty large. Also plenty of small pockets for memory cards etc. Spacewise its got all you need for a days hike.

I phoned RCGeeks about the battery I ordered with the Phantom P3 and they said they are hoping for some limited stocks sometime this week.

Hey PaulW! Thanks for ordering your Phantom 3 from us, we will ship you your extra battery the day it arrives :)

Stock seems to be a little slow at the moment but we don't think delays will last too much longer!

I like your bag from Wex, let me know how that goes! If you haven't seen, DJI have brought out a hardshell backpack for £149 that looks like a viable option too.

I ordered two batteries direct from DJI the day the option appeared pretty much (15th I think)
It does say 15 working days but you might have hoped that was a maximum not a target.
Anyway gave in to frustration this morning and emailed them to ask ..."hurry up" basically.
Usual automated response by return but it will be a miracle if there's an answer even if anyone actually reads it.

I got 2 extra in the bundle I bought off Amazon......... they say they shipped today woohoo!! Also just ordered 2 off the DJI site along with 2 more chargers. This is beginning to get expensive lol!!!

I ordered two batteries direct from DJI the day the option appeared pretty much (15th I think)
It does say 15 working days but you might have hoped that was a maximum not a target.
Anyway gave in to frustration this morning and emailed them to ask ..."hurry up" basically.
Usual automated response by return but it will be a miracle if there's an answer even if anyone actually reads it.

Firstpersonview still have them in stock - for now!

Thanks for the info, just ordered battery No.3............ with at least 1 hour of flying it will definitely be worth taking it on a descent trek into the Derbyshire hills...:)

No.3 battery turned up yesterday from firstpersonview, great service..:D

Cool, mine is in transit still should be monday but then it has further to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31