Finally!!! I got my iPad Air 2!

Reaction score
After being ripped off on eBay I finally managed to buy and have delivered the iPad Air 2!!

I got my P3P what seems like an age ago now, 3rd Week June, and its been in its box, nothing charged, I just took it out to admire for a while lol

So, the P3P is on its original firmware, and I have the latest version of the DJI GO installed on the New ipad Air 2 so the questions I am going to ask are....

As the GO is installed, is there a specific firmware I now have to have installed on the P3P or will the P3P work fine on its original firmware?

Is the newer firmware better for some than the older one was that was causing all the problems?

Is there a firmware update for the Handset I need to install as well??

Going away on Holiday on Friday and working till then, so not a lot of chance actually getting the P3P flying for another two weeks yet, and the English weather is renowned for rain... P3P don't like the rain :(

The new app (GO) will most likely indicate an upgrade is available to the firmware. I'm using the latest firmware and I can't complain. In fact, my horizon straightened out in videos and I follow all the guidelines... ie. compass cal, etc. The firmware used for your specific model will upgrade the RC and the batteries. Make sure you download firmware for P3P and not P3A or P3S.

Enjoy your trip. I recently traveled with my P3P in a backpack and had no issues. In fact, the screener at one of the airports was very enthused about it and wanted more information about buying one for himself.

After being ripped off on eBay I finally managed to buy and have delivered the iPad Air 2!!

I got my P3P what seems like an age ago now, 3rd Week June, and its been in its box, nothing charged, I just took it out to admire for a while lol

So, the P3P is on its original firmware, and I have the latest version of the DJI GO installed on the New ipad Air 2 so the questions I am going to ask are....

As the GO is installed, is there a specific firmware I now have to have installed on the P3P or will the P3P work fine on its original firmware?

Is the newer firmware better for some than the older one was that was causing all the problems?

Is there a firmware update for the Handset I need to install as well??

Going away on Holiday on Friday and working till then, so not a lot of chance actually getting the P3P flying for another two weeks yet, and the English weather is renowned for rain... P3P don't like the rain :(

If your Phantom has 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 firmware you're fine. Also the new firmware 1.3.2 has gotten good reviews so I wouldn't worry about upgrding to it. You'll have to copy the firmware file to the microsd card on your Phantom to upgrade and USB stick to upgrade the transmitter.

Reactions: Pepperami

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl