Finally Flying the P3P

Reaction score
All the pieces finally fell into place for my first flight with my Phantom 3P today.

Here's what I'm using in hopes that I don't break this bird too soon...

- Carbon Fiber Camera Guard
- Gimbal Saver
- Summitlink Snap On/Off Prop Guards
- GetterBack Water Recovery System

The prop guards paid off immediately as the Phantom tipped slightly on the grass.

Anyway, I've uploaded a couple of today's photos. One shows the neighbour's picturesque cottage on the point (The Pines). The other shows our shoreline. (Our dock is the one with the red chair on it.)

DJI_0013.JPG DJI_0016.JPG

Reactions: Motorotor
The prop guards paid off immediately as the Phantom tipped slightly on the grass.
Just some tips for you:

1) Try not to take off from grass if at all possible. And, if you must, find the flattest possible location. On takeoff, make sure you press the left stick in the full upward position (full throttle up) until you're about 10 feet in the air so your Phantom does not tip over on takeoff. A full throttle takeoff should take care of any unevenness from taking off in the grass.

2) Try not to land in grass. If you must, it's best to hand catch your Phantom.

Reactions: kjopc
Nice pics and congrats on your first flight you did good and nice location
camera gaurd a really nice item im in the uk and trying to source a gaurd for my p3p

Reactions: kjopc
Thanks for the tips.

I'm thinking of getting a custom photo beach towel or tarp (DJI or Phantom logo!) to use as a launch pad. The only even surfaces around here are grass or sand.

Yes, I do hand catch.

How hard was it to install the Gimbal Saver? Looking to pick one up in the near future.

For me, it was medium difficulty. I have very poor small motor skills and shaky hands but managed okay. Make sure you have the right (very small) Phillips screwdriver. The saver itself comes with an Allen key to handle its own two screws so that was good.

One of the installed screws was stuck in its screwhole quite firmly and my biggest fear was breaking the gimbal.

Turned out fine and I hope I never find out if the gimbal saver works!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.