Finally figured out the vision sensor calibration problem

Reaction score
I like a bunch of other folks finally got the vision sensor calibration error so I've been looking for a solution and I'm happy to report I found it. The issue is with DJIs Assistant 2 and the drivers not being digitally signed, so they don't tell you that since there not signed they then don't get installed lol. I found a post on the DJI Forum discussing the problem from 2018 and also how to fix it. I was skeptical at first but I followed the directions and then successfully calibrated my vision sensors on the first try. You have ro uninstall Ass2 then boot your computer into safe mode and disable driver signature enforcement, you then reinstall Ass2 but this time it will actually install the proper drivers lol. You can then calibrate your vision sensors as normal. Hope this helps anyone still having this issue. Not surprised to find the problem was DJIs janky ( mod removed language) language software lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-083306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-083306_Chrome.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:
I like a bunch of other folks finally got the vision sensor calibration error so I've been looking for a solution and I'm happy to report I found it. The issue is with DJIs Assistant 2 and the drivers not being digitally signed, so they don't tell you that since there not signed they then don't get installed lol. I found a post on the DJI Forum discussing the problem from 2018 and also how to fix it. I was skeptical at first but I followed the directions and then successfully calibrated my vision sensors on the first try. You have ro uninstall Ass2 then boot your computer into safe mode and disable driver signature enforcement, you then reinstall Ass2 but this time it will actually install the proper drivers lol. You can then calibrate your vision sensors as normal. Hope this helps anyone still having this issue. Not surprised to find the problem was DJIs janky ( mod removed language) language software lol.
Thanks for that info. I found the attachment to be a bit confusing, however. The way it reads, you would boot up in safe mode, disable the driver signature enforcement and reinstall Ass2. Then it says to NOT reboot when you recalibrate your vision sensors! Does this mean that, whenever you need to recalibrate your vision sensors, you must do it in safe mode? Sounds a bit nuts to me...

Thanks for that info. I found the attachment to be a bit confusing, however. The way it reads, you would boot up in safe mode, disable the driver signature enforcement and reinstall Ass2. Then it says to NOT reboot when you recalibrate your vision sensors! Does this mean that, whenever you need to recalibrate your vision sensors, you must do it in safe mode? Sounds a bit nuts to me...
You’re not confused. You read it correctly lol. I did find a little easier way to get it done, you hold the shift key and then restart your computer is an easier way to get to the menu that toggles driver signature enforcement. After turning it off you boot computer and install Ass2 and then calibrate your vision sensors. As far as being nuts I agree I guess it all boils down to how bad you want to calibrate your vision sensors lol. To be honest it sounded a lot worse than it actually was.

You’re not confused. You read it correctly lol. I did find a little easier way to get it done, you hold the shift key and then restart your computer is an easier way to get to the menu that toggles driver signature enforcement. After turning it off you boot computer and install Ass2 and then calibrate your vision sensors. As far as being nuts I agree I guess it all boils down to how bad you want to calibrate your vision sensors lol. To be honest it sounded a lot worse than it actually was.
I guess my problem is understanding, if you have turned off driver signature enforcement, why you would need to still run Ass2 in safe mode to calibrate the vision sensors. Wouldn't disabling driver signature enforcement make safe mode unnecessary?

I guess my problem is understanding, if you have turned off driver signature enforcement, why you would need to still run Ass2 in safe mode to calibrate the vision sensors. Wouldn't disabling driver signature enforcement make safe mode unnecessary?
You turn off driver signature enforcement and then boot the computer out of maintenance mode and reinstall Ass2. You got lost somewhere along the way lol…. You don’t have to run Ass2 in safe mode at all. After you turn off DSE the computer boots normally.

You turn off driver signature enforcement and then boot the computer out of maintenance mode and reinstall Ass2. You got lost somewhere along the way lol…. You don’t have to run Ass2 in safe mode at all. After you turn off DSE the computer boots normally.
OK, got it now. But, just so ya know where I derailed, here's an excerpt from the instructions. I read it to say to boot in safe mode, disable driver signature enforcement, reinstall Ass2 and then DO NOT REBOOT as you run Ass2 as you would normally but in safe mode.

Attachments

• 11-29-2021 10-20-46 AM.jpg
    11-29-2021 10-20-46 AM.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 166
A new guy here and thanks for you information. I called myself turning of my pc drivers- problem is once connecting my cable from bird to pc the app never shows a connection and prevents any further activity? Any idea?

A new guy here and thanks for you information. I called myself turning of my pc drivers- problem is once connecting my cable from bird to pc the app never shows a connection and prevents any further activity? Any idea?
Ok…. What exactly have you done so far? Be as specific as you can.

I am having the exact same issue. Spent all day following the instructions verbatim and nothing. Tried this on 2 separate laptops.
held shift, boot menu "7". restart, install. No P4A

Windows 11
DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom
Windows V2.0.10
2020-07-21

It is kind of ridiculous in 2022 that we are even having this discussion.
Now, it looks like I have to find someone who has a working Assistant 2 that works in order to get my functionality back. Given where I reside, that will be tricky and a lengthy journey to do so.
I will give more thought to resolving this and a little more research may prove to be fruitful.
If I am successful, I will post an update.
In the meantime if anyone here has thoughts, please advise. There seems to be many amazing guys here who have an abundance of knowledge.

It is kind of ridiculous in 2022 that we are even having this discussion.
Now, it looks like I have to find someone who has a working Assistant 2 that works in order to get my functionality back. Given where I reside, that will be tricky and a lengthy journey to do so.
I will give more thought to resolving this and a little more research may prove to be fruitful.
If I am successful, I will post an update.
In the meantime if anyone here has thoughts, please advise. There seems to be many amazing guys here who have an abundance of knowledge.
Any updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic