file names start from 1 again after deletion

Reaction score
after every flight i trasfer all files from the sd card to my computer and then delete all files in sd card.
problem is numbering starts from 1 again so i have repeating consecutive filenames every time!

Is there a way to have dates instead of file numbers?

Please help!

No, but you can enable continuous mode in the app and it'll keep incrementing the number even after you remove the files.

How do you enable continuous counter mode in the app? Where is it? I cant seem to find it on any of the menus. What menu/sub menu is it under?

How do you enable continuous counter mode in the app? Where is it? I cant seem to find it on any of the menus. What menu/sub menu is it under?

Here's a great tutorial on the pilot app that is current - what you want is around 14:10 on this tutorial

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here it is...
File Index Mode .. select continuous
i-S553ZFv-L.png

Here's a great tutorial on the pilot app that is current - what you want is around 14:10 on this tutorial

Thank you very helpful indeed, the best one I have watched yet.

Reactions: Buckaye
Add "File Index Mode Continuous" to your pre-flight checklist. I have had this reset on me several times.

Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron

This is a MUST WATCH video - thank you for posting it!

Dont download app from the google app store its not the same, missing lots of settings like above. Only download from DJI downloads page.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

He may have the right app but not know where it is in the menu.
Look under General Settings (four dots in upper right corner). One of those options is for file mode - continuous or reset. If you choose "continuous" it will NOT reset files over and over again.

Is there a way to have dates instead of file numbers?

Use an import utility to copy the photos to your computer. The one built into Windows puts the photos in a folder named for the date when you import them along with a tag you specify. The tag is also used to name the individual photos.

Other import utilities, such as the one included with Lightroom, offer lots of ways to automatically rename the files as they are copied including by using the date and time when they were taken.

-- Roger

and why 7 months later is this still the case, took 20 mins of googleing to find this solution

He may have the right app but not know where it is in the menu.
Look under General Settings (four dots in upper right corner). One of those options is for file mode - continuous or reset. If you choose "continuous" it will NOT reset files over and over again.
The 'File Index Mode' is now under the 'Camera' menu.

Yesterday I was covering the prep of a golf course for a big local amateur event and when I got home I found I'd lost a bunch of my footage. This is the second time I've had this happen and my only explanation is that I must've powered down the craft before I stopped recording. I'm pretty diligent though and so can't believe I didn't stop for the first half of my clips but did for the second.

When looking at the filenames the last clip I recorded was saved as 001, 2nd to last as 002 etc which is completely backwards! I've been able to recover 29mins of missing footage from the DJI go app (unfortunately only in 720p but better than nothing I guess) but no joy getting it off the SD card as those filenames now point to other files.

I'm hoping this setting will increase my chances of recovering a file should it happen again, although I'd hope that by now I'll remember to ensure I stop recording before powering down.

It does seem CRAZY to me though that DJI haven't fixed this via an update. This is a flying camera for crying out loud yet it can't handle finishing writing a file before powering down?! My Fatshark Dominators manage to finish writing a file to disk even when you yank the power cable out of them, let alone go through a shutdown procedure such as the Phantom does with it's off button.

Here's some logic DJI should feel free to use to fix the issue!

function userHasPressedOffButton(){
if(recording){
stopRecording()
turnOff()
} else {
turnOff()
}
}

Being new to the drone world, I love it when i'm going to ask a question, and it's perfectly laid out for me already on Phantompilots.com. Thanks everyone!

Being new to the drone world, I love it when i'm going to ask a question, and it's perfectly laid out for me already on Phantompilots.com. Thanks everyone!

Yep, we ALL were new to this crazy hobby at one time or another, and are still asking questions and learning as we go. And, if you can't find the answer by searching, just ask away !! There are a bunch of really smart people here.

Fly Safe ! [emoji106].......and Welcome !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31