Federal Parks, You Tube, and You

As long as you don't take off or land within the park boundaries you should be okay. I imagine they will still try to stop you but legally they can't. It would probably turn into a costly decision.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
did he have an indian accent?
But THIS is why you NEVER talk to government. You gave him what he needed.
When did you fly the drone? You will have to ask my lawyer.
If you put the license number inside the battery box they can't have any way to prove your drone was the one in video unless YOU tell them it is,
ever hear of self incrimination? You can't be forced to testify, and unless you say I flew the drone they have no way of proving anything in court.
For all they know it was all CGI done in the basement.

Bad luck, but least they came down from the $1,035 fine a bit.

I agree they had too much of a knee jerk reaction to banning all drones from the N.P. system, especially in areas where no one was around like your circumstances. Accidents happen as to why the few that led to the ban, but there are probably many more who have dropped a camera into a lake or some thermal geyser area off a boardwalk and they haven't gone overboard by banning all cameras too - although I have gotten into issues where if you have "pro looking gear" they want a commercial film permit which can cost maybe twice your fine.

Curious did they make you take down the video too? I saw the BLM permit thing on the Red Rock Canyon post where the BLM "Wants a copy of a 'permitted' flight" which I thought odd. Maybe they use it to tell if some Youtube video was a permitted one with the copy, and any not permitted they'll go after? Dunno, but any fine is getting excessive and a way to make money. Friend's kid sped up to blow through a red light camera and they got him for the speed and red light with a fine of $1,250 with all the sundry added county court fees added on as well.

As long as you don't take off or land within the park boundaries you should be okay. I imagine they will still try to stop you but legally they can't. It would probably turn into a costly decision.
sadly yellowstone is in the 9th make up whatever we need to find you guilty courts.
You tear them a new one at trial. Objection, no foundation, witness hasn't even told us where he was when he witnessed the drone flying.

Bad luck, but least they came down from the $1,035 fine a bit.

I agree they had too much of a knee jerk reaction to banning all drones from the N.P. system, especially in areas where no one was around like your circumstances. Accidents happen as to why the few that led to the ban, but there are probably many more who have dropped a camera into a lake or some thermal geyser area off a boardwalk and they haven't gone overboard by banning all cameras too - although I have gotten into issues where if you have "pro looking gear" they want a commercial film permit which can cost maybe twice your fine.

Curious did they make you take down the video too? I saw the BLM permit thing on the Red Rock Canyon post where the BLM "Wants a copy of a 'permitted' flight" which I thought odd. Maybe they use it to tell if some Youtube video was a permitted one with the copy, and any not permitted they'll go after? Dunno, but any fine is getting excessive and a way to make money. Friend's kid sped up to blow through a red light camera and they got him for the speed and red light with a fine of $1,250 with all the sundry added county court fees added on as well.
You could always redact the image, and give them a black screen the way the government does to us. Or encrypt it, it is illegal to hack encryption so they would never be able to view it.

My thought about this is that the government is watching videos and prosecuting using YouTube. I was also thinking self incrimination and talking too much did not help this guys case.

Reactions: Slackware
Why did he plead guilty? He said someone advised him to do that. Surely not his lawyer. Probably the prosecutor.

Omg I freaked out then. I thought that was me for a second. Wow. Guess I met my double

Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West