FCC vs CE Compliant Mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Hi guys, I'm in the United States. Does my drone automatically use the stronger FCC mode? Or does it use the CE mode by default?

Hi guys, I'm in the United States. Does my drone automatically use the stronger FCC mode? Or does it use the CE mode by default?

Hi, the drone uses is inbuilt GPS to work out where it is in the world and then to use the comms mode FCC/CE approved by that country. In your case, whilst in USA, it does indeed use stronger FCC mode.

Dont understand clearly, what those modes are :) , but...
If FCC and CE is only matter of regulations, if Europe has some restrictions, why Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced can fly in CE 3.5 km and Standard only 500m?
If Phantom 3 Standard is able to fly 1km, why its limited to 500m?
If there is law in Europe to fly in CE max. 500m, then why Professional and Advanced can fly in CE 3.5 km? :)

Dont understand clearly, what those modes are :) , but...
If FCC and CE is only matter of regulations, if Europe has some restrictions, why Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced can fly in CE 3.5 km and Standard only 500m?
If Phantom 3 Standard is able to fly 1km, why its limited to 500m?
If there is law in Europe to fly in CE max. 500m, then why Professional and Advanced can fly in CE 3.5 km? :)
Standard has a bad transmission protocol (WiFi) which is worse that P3P or P3A’s protocol (Lightbridge).

Is is inferior to Lightbridge in FCC, and in CE.

Edit: fcc and ce regulates power output of used protocol. 0.5 watts of wifi is still not as good as 0.5 watts of Lightbridge. Hope that answers your question!

Hi, the drone uses is inbuilt GPS to work out where it is in the world and then to use the comms mode FCC/CE approved by that country. In your case, whilst in USA, it does indeed use stronger FCC mode.

If you live in the USA is it possible for you to download the dji app apk from the dji site and the we transfer it to me?
I think it is possible to switch to FCC mode in that way ?
Greetsz from The Netherlands

If you live in the USA is it possible for you to download the dji app apk from the dji site and the we transfer it to me?
I think it is possible to switch to FCC mode in that way ?

No it isn't.

There are hacks to switch to FCC mode in Europe, or even go to max possible power permitted by the RF amplifier.
But all those require modding firmware.
(well, there was an app hack with an old version of Dji Go; but only some people reported it works - probably depended on firmware version as well)

Going beyond fcc is usually called "boost". How much this gives, highly depends on hardware revision. Some specific drones can go to over 1W, though this can cause damage by overheating.

This actually applies to almost all DJI drones. Only in Mavic Mini there is a difference in hardware, and drones sold in non-CE countries can actually get a bigger increase than EU version (I'm not sure if the EU version can even reach the FCC levels).

Anyway, search the web for details. It is against the forum rules to spread the details here. Plus, there is already a lot of information available on the web.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic