FC40 TX microUSB location

Reaction score
The manual shows the microUSB port on the outside of the TX, however mine is on the inside so you have to take the TX apart to upgrade the firmware. I've seen a few posts on the RC forums and YouTube videos with them on the inside, plus some of the RC vendors are starting to put a product note on their sites about the location.

Anyone else had their microUSB port be on the inside? I'm not concerned about this being a knock off because the vendor on eBay is an established seller.

Yes, 5.8ghz transmitter has the USB on the inside.
You should not need to use it, ever, that's why it is there, in the event that you may need to upgrade one day.
DJI rarely every has a firmware update for the Tx.

I checked and there was a update for the transmitter I checked as i had just put my phantom together and wanted to make sure everything was working right and it popped up with the update for the radio gear(receiver and transmitter)

I agree the USB plug is a pain to get to

There was an update for the RC software, but not the firmware that I am aware of.

I am still new to the DJI world and learned you calibrate the TX remotely when the FC40 is plugged in. I had to upgrade the firmware on my FC40 but my TX was up to date. Thanks for the replies! :)

I had to open up my T yesterday to replace a faulty S2 switch and figured while I ha it open Id connect the USB to see if it need any up dates and it was already on the V1.0.2.22 an no updates for it or needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl